New GSIII

Medic3166

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I just upgraded to the GSIII from the iPhone 4 today. The best part is, since I transferred upgrades to a different line on my account and then swapped the GSIII to my line, I was able to keep my unlimited data plan too.

All I need too do now is root for wireless tether and I'll be all set.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the sgs3.

There are some great roms floating around and look for the trevE mod for Wifi tethering. It seems to have the fewest hiccups

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Medic3166

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been away from android for too long... I didn't know you could just download a Wi-Fi app without root access...

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you transfer the upgrade to another account, buy the S3 and then transfer the S3 to your account all in one day or did have to spread it over time? Also, where did you get the phone from - Verizon or some one else.
Hey guys. I just upgraded to the GSIII from the iPhone 4 today. The best part is, since I transferred upgrades to a different line on my account and then swapped the GSIII to my line, I was able to keep my unlimited data plan too.

All I need too do now is root for wireless tether and I'll be all set.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I looked up those wireless tether apps. I would rather spend 10 minutes and root than get push notifications. Especially since I never heard of either of them.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Medic3166

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you transfer the upgrade to another account, buy the S3 and then transfer the S3 to your account all in one day or did have to spread it over time? Also, where did you get the phone from - Verizon or some one else.

I have two lines on my account. I had unlimited data with the iPhone 4 since it was released two years ago. The other line is my fiance's iPhone 4s with a 2gb plan. I went to the store and told them that I wanted to transfer my upgrade to her line and get her a GSIII for her birthday, and asked them not to activate it. When I got home, I called customer service and told them she didn't like it, and just to activate it on my line. I tried doing it myself online, but it tried to get me to change my data plan.

The customer service Rep was actually one of the coolest people I have ever gotten on the phone at Verizon too... I was good to go in about 5 minutes.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

There is a huge thread about keeping unlimited data, search for it.

Foxfi is a good wireless tether app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol