Horrible call quality

goffabear

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to an s3 from an iPhone 4 in November. I've had to get use to a couple changes, but I really love this phone. Recently I tried calling a friend who also has an s3, but with T-Mobile, while I have Verizon. He says he can hear me perfectly, but his voice sounds very muffled and after ten seconds into the call his voice cuts out more and more until I can't hear him at all. First off, I restarted my phone, which did nothing. I googled my problem and cleared the cache in recovery mode, I heard him fine for about a minute, then the normal problems started reoccurring. I also tried to mess with noise reduction and "my call sound" during a call.
His phone calls are the only ones with bad quality! I am so frustrated. Please help, thank you in advance

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Obviously the problem is on his end if his calls are the only ones you are having problems with. He should be looking for help, not you. It's not your phone, it's his phone or t-mobile's network. I wouldn't mess with your phone trying to fix his issues.

goffabear

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Obviously the problem is on his end if his calls are the only ones you are having problems with. He should be looking for help, not you. It's not your phone, it's his phone or t-mobile's network. I wouldn't mess with your phone trying to fix his issues.

Hmm I thought that it might be because I have Verizon and he had T-Mobile, but I was sure that it was my phone since when I rebooted it the problem fixed itself for a minute. I'll have to remind him that his phone is the only one I'm having trouble with. Thank you!

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've read a couple of threads mentioning the tmobile and verizon call quality issue. I'm pretty sure over on the iPhone forums they pretty much narrowed it down to tmobile's tower problems.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma