SIM question

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is where this thread belongs, but if it's in the wrong place, mods please move it. Thanks.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon. A friend who is on h2o wireless wants to buy it. Now what I'm wondering is what does she have to do to get this phone to work with her carrier? I'm going to need instructions like you're talking to a five year old, since I've never done this stuff before. I was assuming that she could just insert her SIM and that would be that, but I'm thinking there has to be more. Thanks for any answers/advice/suggestions!

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello :)
You can pop in any sim card from any GSM carrier except t?mobile and att (because verizon locked the phone that way, they don't like competition) and voice and text will work on the phone, but you will not get data (Internet connection).

To get everything working on the new carrier, you need to root your phone (if you don't know how to do that, it's pretty simple)

To get a full concise how?to on how to root, all you have to do is go to the verizon galaxy s3 forum and click "Verizon galaxy s3 rooting, roms,and hacks" near the top of the page. Then from there you should see the first forum post that says "[Guide] Root/Unroot/recovery/unlock bootloader for the verizon Galaxy S3" you need to root so just follow those instructions :)

After that youre almost through the woods! All you have to do is change some settings, download an app and bam! You should be ready to go :)

For that part, just see this post:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...using-verizon-gs3-international-sim-card.html

Hope this helped!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
It really sounds like a lot more than it is because it's really just rooting and preparing your phone for data :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums