Google wallet update=bad

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
So I have Google wallet installed my my phone with wallet installer. Have been using it for weeks and love it. Well today as you know there was an update. I didn't realize I had auto updating checked in the market for this app. Well it updated and now it says my device is not supported because I'm rooted. Temp unroot makes the warning go away but is Google really doing this to rooted users? Especially nexus owners? Doesn't make sense. I'm going to revert back the previous version.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 running CleanRom 5.5.1

nabour

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I sideloaded this apk on my phone and it bricked on me. Phone is currently getting serviced...

I am not blaming the apk but my own sideloading technique. Following directions found on forum, I simply copied it onto my internal card then used an installer. Question -- is there something else I should have done? Perhaps was supposed to place it in a particular place before installing?

I ask because I've been working working with rooted electronics and custom roms for several years and have never experienced a brick. Ouch - this has made me a bit gun shy. Any advice would be appreciated.

Barb

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure of the method you used... But once I was rooted I downloaded the apk from XDA then installed it. Ran the app rebooted and it works.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Well it updated and now it says my device is not supported because I'm rooted. Temp unroot makes the warning go away but is Google really doing this to rooted users? Especially nexus owners? Doesn't make sense. I'm going to revert back the previous version.

That warning from Google is just a disclaimer, the app should work fine even with that unsupported device warning.

However it's been some time since I had a GNex and messed with wallet. I just use wallet on my N7.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC