Must have apps

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I would say first get the display brightness app. It's 99 cents but totally worth it. It puts a brightness slider on screen at all times, allowing you to adjust all the time. Probably one of the most used apps I've got for my S3. Get Nova launcher prime as well. It really taps the full potential of your home screens. It takes a while to get used to but once your set up its amazing.
Also, unless you like swype, SwiftKey keyboard is the best keyboard out there in my opinion. Those I would say are the top 3 most used for me.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Go to Google Play and look at the most popular apps, thats a good place to start. The only 'must have apps' are those already on the phone that allow you to use it.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Call me crazy but I think he was asking for advice on what apps we like and use the most. Not an obvious and unhelpful response. I've been wrong before though...

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The apps I use the most would be;

Classic notes and app box. There really doesn't seem to be much it doesn't do. There are so many functions it's insane. I mostly use it as a notebook and task manager, and it does scheduled reminders. Definitely one to get.
Dropbox - lets me transfer files from the S3 to any other device I have. And I mean any.
Flipbook - awesome news reader.
I am testing Juice Defender - I've been doing that for a week now and the results are uneven. I plan to run it for a few more weeks, collecting battery data as I go with it alternately enabled and disabled to see if I can get some good stats out of it. So far the results seem to say that their claims are overblown, which is no surprise. But if it works it will be worthwhile.
HD Widgets - better imho than Beautiful Widgets - very nice clocks and weather widgets, plus some useful switch widgets.
Brightness Level widget - a simple, 1x1 widget that, when you tap it, gives you a choice of 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100% brightness, plus can toggle auto. Very nice and free. There is a similar widget in HD widgets which is prettier, but it doesn't work as well.
Kindle of course. I have a lot of Kindle books and the S3 makes a great reader. Plus I carry a lot of UL standards in PDF form and the Kindle reader works well with them.
Wolfram Alpha. Everyone should have Wolfram Alpha. It's just awesome. It's what Siri uses to answer a lot of questions. But it seems to know everything and it can solve any problem or equation you throw at it. It's not free, but it is very worth it.

These are the apps I use on a daily basis. I left out electronics apps, but there is probably a limited audience for those. Tesla is about the best though.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I do plenty of geeky stuff on mine, but as far as general stuff that makes every day life easier:

1Weather
Any.do
Opera Mini
ES File Explorer
Jot!
QuickPic
Wuala or Dropbox
qPDF
PowerAmp
Concert Vault (client to paid subscription service, great concerts on tap always)
Business Calendar Free

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Call me crazy but I think he was asking for advice on what apps we like and use the most. Not an obvious and unhelpful response. I've been wrong before though...

And I think he wants somebody else to do all the leg work and tell him what to use. And the response, although obvious to anyone who would normally take the time to think for themselves, is not unhelpful.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
And I think he wants somebody else to do all the leg work and tell him what to use. And the response, although obvious to anyone who would normally take the time to think for themselves, is not unhelpful.
Or maybe just maybe, he is unfamiliar with Android and is looking for some advice. I don't understand why people insist on being so unhelpful to new people on these forums. Every one had to start somewhere.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe just maybe, he is unfamiliar with Android and is looking for some advice. I don't understand why people insist on being so unhelpful to new people on these forums. Every one had to start somewhere.

And maybe there's a way to say that, instead of "I want..." in a one liner.

jpent

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Boat Browser seems best to me. Apex launcher, Current Caller ID, Waze navigation, HD Widgets, & Pick Pic Camera are my must haves.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz