[SOLVED] Please help me-my GS3 keeps freezing and rebooting at the homescreen!

JoePaLives

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I have no clue what's going on...I have a rooted but stock GS3, only about 2 months old. I installed Kayak and Lose It! apps from the Play Store earlier, and make a few new folders on my homescreen. All of a sudden, my phone froze up, and it rebooted. (This has happened off and on to me over the last few weeks, but after a quick reboot it's totally fine). Unfortunately, it now isn't fine. I get past the flashy Verizon "4G LTE" screen, and the phone locks up at the homescreen. If I'm lucky I'll get about 5 seconds to quickly try and swipe my screen, but as soon as I do that it locks up, screen goes dark and I'm back at square one.

If someone could please help me out ASAP, I would so much appreciate it! Is there anything I can do without totally wiping my phone? (I have made a couple of backups with Titanium Backup; the last one was several days ago). Will I even be able to wipe my phone at this point?

I owned a Droid X before my GS3 and never encountered this problem personally before...

UPDATE: I managed to get my phone to boot into Safe Mode and it loaded just fine that way--I went and uninstalled both Kayak and Lose It! in the hopes that would fix the problem. After I tried rebooting in regular mode though, no luck. It's still freezing up. This is so frustrating.

FINAL UPDATE: After booting into Safe Mode *again* for the umpeenth time, I remembered that Busy Box and Super SU had both had updates late yesterday. I uninstalled them both from my phone in safe mode, rebooted, and LO and BEHOLD--I'm fully functional again! Must have been some kind of conflict. Hope this helps someone else if they're having the same issue. Boot into SM and uninstall those two apps.

Last edited: