ringtone announcement "call from john doe..."

samcro

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, seemingly out of nowhere, my phone has begun to announce the name of the contact that is calling me. I can't seem to find an option to turn this off. Any ideas? It must be buried in here somewhere!

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, seemingly out of nowhere, my phone has begun to announce the name of the contact that is calling me. I can't seem to find an option to turn this off. Any ideas? It must be buried in here somewhere!
As stated above you probably accidently turned DRIVING MODE on, I know I have. To check or turn it off pull down the notification bar, there will be a row of icons just below where the time is displayed, then scroll to the left and you should see the DRIVING MODE icon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have "driving mode" turned on?

As stated above you probably accidently turned DRIVING MODE on, I know I have. To check or turn it off pull down the notification bar, there will be a row of icons just below where the time is displayed, then scroll to the left and you should see the DRIVING MODE icon.

This.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

jimrx7

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry in advance for hijacking your thread but, How do I get the driving mode to talk through my bluetooth headset for the times my phone is underneath a few layers of jacket and sweater and I cannot hear the phone. I do not know if it is an option in the phone or maybe an app that gives the ability but I cannot "Google" anything relevant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma