Video Question

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got my G3 and I like it a lot although I am having a problem or maybe it's OE. Anyways when I had the tbolt and wanted to shoot a video I just would open the video camera and hit the button and away you go. Now I see where you have to change it from camera to video recorder in order to start recording okay I get that. The first video I did was a retirement party that lasted about 14 minutes or so. When I went to upload it to youtube I found it was like 1.78 GB in size. Wow, is that because it is in HD or something?

How do you change the size so you can upload if you want?

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi!
Yes, I believe by default video capture on the GS3 is set to 1080p which is high definition so it's gonna be a pretty big file when you upload it. If you go to the camera app and go to video, press the little cog in the upper right part of the screen and go down to "resolution" and lower it to the desired setting. The lower the res, the smaller the file! And every setting has two numbers, it looks like 1920x1080 for example. The latter number in each setting corresponds to the resolution of the video when uploading to YT (1080HD,720HD,480, etc.)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. 2 questions for you.

1. What would be a good general setting for videos for yourtube?
2. I need to get the video I made down to a manageable size, any programs you would suggest to accomplish this?

Thanks again.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. 2 questions for you.

1. What would be a good general setting for videos for yourtube?

Most of the vids on youtube are still 360p, or 480p and thats good for like the average video, but if you really want a nice looking vid with high resolution , i would go for 720p which is HD :)

2. I need to get the video I made down to a manageable size, any programs you would suggest to accomplish this?

hm,I dont really know a good programs that would compress a video. If you are worried about uploading it from your phone and burning through your data cap there are two ways you can upload it without doing so:

1. Upload to YT over WiFi
2. if you have a computer handy, just plug your phone into your pc, move or copy the video from your phone (if youre looking at your phones files, photos and videos you take are usually located in a folder labeled "DCIM") to your computer, and then upload from your pc :)

Thanks again.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Try 720x480 as 1280x720 results in 100mb per minute.
If that's still too big, go to 640x480.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.