Reception Issues

kuunamatata

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been an iSheep ever since the iPhone 3 came out, and have been happy with it until I realized I needed a more customizable phone. So I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 from a friend that hadn't opened his box yet for a very good price (so purchased through 3rd party).

At my office I had always been able to receive full bars of service, never had any problems when I owned an iPhone. However, once I bought the S3 I am now lucky if I get 1 bar. Usually, there is the O with a line through it indicating 0 service. I have asked Verizon about it and they told me I could purchase a $250 device that will extend my network giving me service. This problem exists at work only, so it's not worth $250 to me. Is there anything in the settings that maybe I can try to get a few bars? I'm not sure why I would be having this problem, I've tried taking the case off to see if it was the issue and that didn't work. I've also tried those apps to boost signal strength and reception but that did not work as well.

Please help!

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you compared other Verizon phones to yours in your office? It's possible that your S3 is defective. Generally speaking, the S3 has decent reception. I've never been without service where other Verizon phones have service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt