Wifi passwords not saving

skbk

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I was on Sprint with a GS2 for the last 10 months. GS2 died so I moved onto GS3 with Verizon on Tuesday. There was some kind of software update it did automatically so I'm assuming I'm on Jelly Bean now.

So far I'm super happy with the S3 experience, except my damn wifi won't connect automatically/ stay connected. The worst thing is that I have to re-enter the password every. single. time. What is the deal?! I use the wifi network at the office as well as at home, and usually I need to check to make sure the wifi is connected when I get to work/home. It doesn't drop once it's connected, but I find it extremely annoying to have to check the network and to re-enter the password each time. Can I AT LEAST get the password to save? I've never had this problem with my S2, or iPad, or laptop, or desktop, so I'm pretty sure it's not my wifi. I'm a little shocked that this wifi thing is such an issue with S3... I've searched different forums but haven't found anything about a settings menu to save passwords. Not able to access the service menu either.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you so much!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there's a setting to keep the password. I connect to two networks, my home and my car, and have no problem with auto connect and both are encrypted. I'd go through the phone setup again. I know that doesn't help a bunch.

Also, when I got my SIII I received two OTA upgrades, the second was JB so you may not be there yet. Go into settings and manually check for the version you have, or check for upgrades.

anabela 1120

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I was on Sprint with a GS2 for the last 10 months. GS2 died so I moved onto GS3 with Verizon on Tuesday. There was some kind of software update it did automatically so I'm assuming I'm on Jelly Bean now.

So far I'm super happy with the S3 experience, except my damn wifi won't connect automatically/ stay connected. The worst thing is that I have to re-enter the password every. single. time. What is the deal?! I use the wifi network at the office as well as at home, and usually I need to check to make sure the wifi is connected when I get to work/home. It doesn't drop once it's connected, but I find it extremely annoying to have to check the network and to re-enter the password each time. Can I AT LEAST get the password to save? I've never had this problem with my S2, or iPad, or laptop, or desktop, so I'm pretty sure it's not my wifi. I'm a little shocked that this wifi thing is such an issue with S3... I've searched different forums but haven't found anything about a settings menu to save passwords. Not able to access the service menu either.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you so much!

anabela 1120

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue and I have at&t they want to factory reset my phone. I'm upset because if it wasn't always updating maybe I wouldn't be having this issue

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670