SD Cards getting fried!

TTran

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a 32G San Ultra and it failed about a month ago so I picked up a 16G PNY and it also just stopped working. This time I can see the files when I read the card on my computer but it wont read on the phone. I had a 2Gig card sitting around so I put it in to test it and everything seems to be working fine. I really enjoy having the "picture frame" widget on my home screen and I add anywhere from 75-125 photos to it to cycle through. All those photos are on my SD card, then I thought to myself from the phone constantly accessing the SD card, if that could be the reason why the cards keeps on going bad.

Can anyone help me determine if its the phone itself, SD card, or picture frame widget?.

Thank you for any feedback

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Where are you buying them from? Many from ebay and even sellers on Amazon are selling inferior fakes. Been burned myself a few times.
I now buy them directly from the mfr, or major chains only.
Saw a news story a couple years ago, that showed a legit overseas factory, opening back up after hours, and cranking out lookalikes with much lower quality components. I took a quick look on youtube, but didn't see it. Trust me, I only make stuff up when it's funny, ask your mom.

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Read the other threads you'll see its a issue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member