Galaxy S3 Stuck on Verizon 4G LTE screen HELP!

Marooxx

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Last night before hitting the hay my galaxy s3 restarted on its own... i figured it was a software update since it had done that before with the 4.1.1 update but this morning when i woke up i realized my phone never made it out of the verizon 4G lte screen. its literally been more than 7 hrs. So i looked up the problem ... i've cleared cache like most ppl said to do... i have rebooted and it still freezes on that screen. I have tried a few battery pulls with no luck and i really don't want to factory reset =( Anyone out there have any ideas on what i should do or try before i absolutely must consider factory resetting? Also, my phone is not jail broken or rooted. I do have a ton of apps on my phone though. Another thing is i had just received the new samsung tec-tiles yesterday and was messing around with them ... wonder if that could have messed with my phone... HELP!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is to shut it down and pull the SDCard (if you have one) and the SIM card, then power it back up. If it still stops during boot then it's probably time for a Factory Reset, if you can even get into Recovery.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

dhamway

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you all figure this out? This has happened to me at least 10 times. I hate waking up and finding my phone at the 4gLTE screen!!! Here is what I have been doing to troubleshoot it:
1.) Bought a new SanDisc 32GB card which they said will now be compatible with this phone. I haven't received the card yet and the phone still crashed so that is not the issue.
2.) Bought a new battery. It still locked up.
3.) Had Verizon give me a new Sim card. It still locked up.
4.) Used the phone without the memory card. It still locked up.
5.) Wiped the phone and only put Facebook & LinkedIn on the phone. It still locked up.
6.) Called Verizon and complained 3 times, each time I got a new phone (they were very accommodating). It's not the phone. It still locked up.

My wife has the EXACT same phone. We got it on the same day. Her's works fine. I really just don't get this. I have done everything possible to my knowledge and still the phone locks up. I have not rooted or messed with any of the developer options on the phone.

How does a phone randomly lock up on the 4G LTE screen when the phone has NOTHING on it! It's very hard to troubleshoot when the phone does this on it's own with no user action. Verizon doesn't even know how this is happening?

Could this be my gmail account? Could it be the auto-backup on the phone? I REALLY don't get it!

Any new thoughts on this????? No one can help me!

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest booting into safe mode. I've used it to trouble shoot successfully several time. Safe mode for android is basically the same as safe mode for windows. It boots up only allowing the absolutely essential system apps to run. Thus, if it boots up and runs fine, then it's a pretty safe bet that it's something you downloaded like an app or something else, and you might have to factory reset from recovery to resolve it. You don't have to be rooted to do it.
How to boot into safe mode:
Shut the phone off.
Once it's completely off press and hold power button until it starts to boot and the Samsung logo appears.
Release power button and press and hold volume down. This must be done while the Samsung logo is still showing.
Keep holding volume down until you know you are in safe mode.
It will say safe mode in the lower left.
Some people also say you can boot into safe mode just by powering off, then holding volume down and power together until your in safe mode. I've always done it the first way though.

Like i said if it runs fun in safe mode then you know it's an app that caused your problem.
If it still won't boot even I'm safe mode the. You likely have a hardware issue and might have to make a warranty claim.
Good luck.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
MjDroidx,
What have you done to troubleshoot the problem?
Does it happen every time you boot the phone?
Can you boot into Recovery mode or Download mode?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2