Music player with lock screen functionality

Primer88

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I finally got with the times and added music to my GS3. I'm looking for an app that allows it to be controlled without unlocking the phone. I'm talking about after the screen goes completely off, I added the stock music app to the lock screen shortcuts but I still have to fool with it too much to change a song whilst driving. My wife's HTC allows music control when the screen is locked so you don't have to fool with completely unlocking to change a song or something. Or, is there a way to get that type of function with the stock Samsung app? I dug around in all the settings I could think of but didn't find it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Both the Google Play Music application and the Amazon Music app will show Play/Pause and Previous/Next controls on the lock screen.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
PowerAMP does this, and most AOSP ROMs build this function in. I am using Apollo on Carbon ROM and it works great, volume music controls and all.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Both the Google Play Music application and the Amazon Music app will show Play/Pause and Previous/Next controls on the lock screen.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see lock screen controls on Google play music. Am I missing a setting or something. Verizon gs3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if they are on the lock screen directly. But they are in the notification Window when you drop it down. (Google Music player)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I beg to differ - my phone is rooted, but it's running the stock ROM. I am using Nova Launcher but I don't believe it changes the stock Lock screen. Both the Google Play Music app and the Amazon Music app provide Lock screen controls for Play/Pause and Previous track/Next track.

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been wondering the same thing about controling music with the screen lock option. I have a password on S3 and it stinks having input it every time just to change a song or something. Will the Google Play Music work with a password protected phone?

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a stock VZW GS3 with password lock screen and Google Music player controls show on my lock screen (like @GSDer's) and am able to use them fine. (tried capture screen but swipe wouldn't work. Prob user error. :eek:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I use a Pattern lock screen, and both the Google Music playeruploadfromtaptalk1370539295092.jpgand the Amazon Music playeruploadfromtaptalk1370539352674.jpgshow lock screen controls. Note that for the Amazon Music player you have to enable the lock screen controlsuploadfromtaptalk1370539488793.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
As I showed in the screenshot, once you start the Amazon Music app, press the Menu button, select Settings, then check "Lock-screen controls".

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4