signal booster?

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I just want to be able to make a phone call, receive a phone call in my house. Not have to walk out side in the snow rain etc. Replacement phone, Sims, hours of level 2 banana head script reading tech support. Network support will be out this week. I've very excited to see the results of this ticket.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I just want to be able to make a phone call, receive a phone call in my house. Not have to walk out side in the snow rain etc. Replacement phone, Sims, hours of level 2 banana head script reading tech support. Network support will be out this week. I've very excited to see the results of this ticket.

The product linked by the OP earlier in the thread says it ONLY increases LTE data coverage, not voice -- however the same company also offers repeaters for voice signal as well.

I'm actually surprised the VZW CS didn't recommend using their network extender for your situation....

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The product linked by the OP earlier in the thread says it ONLY increases LTE data coverage, not voice -- however the same company also offers repeaters for voice signal as well.

I'm actually surprised the VZW CS didn't recommend using their network extender for your situation....

I asked during one of my tech support calls. Guy said nah.. I'm not likely to jump on another $200.

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have wifi at home I use my phone data for internet and yep I'm on unlimited

Isn't your WiFi faster than 4G/LTE at home? Lucky you...I'd probably still use WiFi at home, since it would save a lot of cellular data (I'm on a limited plan). When I'm on WiFi, don't have to think about data usage at all. Maybe you have unlimited data, then.

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I live in Canada and have the nexus 4 with the .33 radio. I have koodo as a provider and my reception in my home is bad ( at best 93 dBm ) but usually 97 to 105 dBm. Outside I get good signal 3/4 bars.
I have done some research and found the wilson repeaters have come way down in price, I suspect this is due to the laws changing. It seems that the two I had in mind ( models 841262/ 841263) don't cover 4g and I don't know if they would work for me. Is anyone with my set up using a booster that is working?The two I've mentioned have up to 60 dBm gain, I don't really want to try any of the weaker one's that have the bar that you have to set your phone on. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the Wilson booster http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003NQ2GSW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o09_s00_i00
Went from nothing, in the dining room, to 3 or 4 bars of 3G nearly throughout the house. Signal seems to be constant, so far. The lowest was one area of the hall, that was down to only 2 bars of 3G,but compared to what we had we are very satisfied.
I put the outside antenna on a ten foot pole at the peak of the roof and aimed it using the Open Signal and Signal Finder apps. The inside antenna is in the attic, against the other side of the dry wall, on a high wall, in the dining room.

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
After contacting Wilson electronics I was informed that there is a new model about to be released, the tri-band 4g-C model # 802770. I must say that their response was quick and professional, I will have no doubts about purchasing one of their products. The tri-band will do 2g 3g 4g and you will be able to move about your home freely with the new system. The only scary part is I don't know what the price will be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary