Camera Flash will go off every time I open the camera

Kieran Davis

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not too sure when this started happening, but it has been at least a few weeks and it has finally gotten annoying enough to do something about it. Every time I open the camera app, or any app that uses the camera, the flash will go off. This even happens when I have the flash disabled. What do you think the issue is?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Heh heh - that was funny, if not as helpful as the OP was probably hoping for.

I get tired of suggesting Factory Reset for every random problem that occurs, but unfortunately there are so many possible things that could be going on that it's probably a good idea. Before that you could try clearing the Camera application data (be sure to select the All tab). Of course, if you've installed other camera apps, you should uninstall them all and restart the phone. Last course of action would be the Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Kieran Davis

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
So, I finally got around to backing everything up and performing a factory reset, and the problem is still happening. I'm guessing it might be a hardware issue. While the flash will go off when I open a camera app, it refuses to go off when I actually enable it and want to take brighter pictures. I have also noticed the camera is taking longer to focus and take pictures.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
After the Factory Reset did you install (or did the Google Play Store automatically install for you) any 3rd party camera apps? If your phone is clean and the problem is still occurring then it's quite possible that it's a hardware problem.
BTW, the best way to have checked to be sure it wasn't something that was being downloaded is to just skip the Google account setup after the Factory Reset. You could try the stock camera app and if the problem still occurred then you'd be sure it wasn't something that got installed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Kieran Davis

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, but I haven't installed any third party camera apps yet since the reset. I intentionally didn't back up any app data before I reset.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234