S3 GPS Fix

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No results from tightening screws for me, they're already tight. However, pulling the battery did work this time, for some reason. I used to be able to use the GPS without all the google stuff (framework services, play services, play store) running on my phone, but while I was on vacation recently I needed to set "high accuracy" to get it to work at all. That requires google play services, which requires google framework services, and so on. After pulling the battery, "GPS only" mode is working again, so that's good. The GPS Test app has been helpful, but didn't help while I was on vacation, I tried several of the GPS Test and Support apps in the play store, not much help there.

Anyways, the countdown goes on, only about 2 months now until Verizon allows me to upgrade my phone. My iPad GPS always works, never any problems with it, so I'll be looking at the iPhone 6 (for other reasons as well *smile*). The timing is just too fortuitous not to, and no more Samsung for me.

catbertz

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have to lol at this simple fix. I've been suffering with horrible gps lock for months. Too lazy to search, just assumed the phone was old and abused (it is). Just on a whim I searched tonight and bam! Your fix worked immediately. Woot!

Now my S3 will work great through its final laps before the stork delivers my Note 4 :)

AugustoBortolas

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a Moto G and the same GPS issues as you guys. Found out that the problem is with my 3G signal connection. If I enable 3G signal, automatically lost GPS signal. But found a workaround, using 2G I can use waze perfectly.
I'll try the screws fix tonight.

Debbie Swanson

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
OMG! Tightening the screws worked! I could only just barely feel one of the 5 or 6 screws that was slightly loose, but tightened it, and viola! GPS! I'll be curious to see how long this lasts as I see from other posts that this is just temporary. . .

Erez Naar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I have to admit at first this solution didn't sound to me like a very logical reason i was skeptical and i continued to try and change romes and what not. i wasted a week of frustration until i tried it. first of all some screw were really loos so it's good that i'v fixed them in general. and for the GPS part, It's working great. Thank you very much.

D Lee WC

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Screws were tight. Tried the GPS test and fix app. worked and GPS in apps like runkeeper now say "good" where have always since had my S3 said fair, poor and recently just searched and never found. Thank you.

Doubledad

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
The solution is simply to do a "soft reset": turn off your phone, remove battery for 30 seconds, turn phone back on and - viola - gps works again!

MarkDaynes

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
After 3 months of waze GPS not working I have finally got It resolved

I tried everything, apps and tightening screws but to no avail.. but then I took the phones back of and found what the problem was.

To help out anyone else with a waze GPS problem running on Android I put up the solution on Youtube.

search youtube for:

''Waze No GPS - Resolved'

hope this helps
:D

krouppm

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with GS3 GPS, nothing help, until I unable the "find position by wifi" in the menu.
and my GPS works like a rocket

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12