Refreshing SIM Card Data??

radicalRWer

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting this little notification toward the bottom of my screen periodically. It seems to interfere with the performance and network connectivity.

Oh yeah - Anyone have a big B--ch about the signal reception? My wifes iPhone 4S reception blows my S3 out of the water. I cannot even use mine at home and her 4S gets a good signal (3bars) and never drops a call. Most the time my phone will say "mobile network not available". Both are verizon phones.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you called Verizon? There has been a fix for reception problems posted here, but I can't remember the codes. Supposed to reset signal to towers or something. My reception and coverage is excellent, much better than I had with my TBolt.

Didn't find the post but found what I had copied out:
"Finally went to Verizon and spoke to them, was told to turn off the phone, in the location I was having trouble with, Turn it back on, dial *228, then #832. I was extremely skeptical. This is supposed to have something to do with getting the phone to "talk" to the closest tower or something."

Don't know if this works.

Androidprodigy

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
You can fix the refreshing sim data problem by changing your data network... I'm guessing you are on global, while you should be on the com network.

Generated by Galaxy Slll I535 running clean rom

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi
Have you called Verizon? There has been a fix for reception problems posted here, but I can't remember the codes. Supposed to reset signal to towers or something. My reception and coverage is excellent, much better than I had with my TBolt.

Didn't find the post but found what I had copied out:
"Finally went to Verizon and spoke to them, was told to turn off the phone, in the location I was having trouble with, Turn it back on, dial *228, then #832. I was extremely skeptical. This is supposed to have something to do with getting the phone to "talk" to the closest tower or something."

Don't know if this works.

Don't dial *228 on a 4glte phone. You can try to clear cache and pull the sim card for a few minutes

If that didn't work, try a new sim.

If it doesn't work, call Verizon tech support, they can troubleshoot further and maybe send a clnr

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Bah! You should just get an iPhone and then we don't have to hear anymore "my wife's iPhone does and my Android-based phone doesn't" complaints.

My Sinclair ZX-80 with 4KB ROM, 16KB RAM, running Android 1.6 with Wilson aftermarket antennas gets 3 bars and never drops a call.

<GSDer takes his anger management medication> :confused:
Uh, what they said!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
If I have but ONE complaint about the GS3, it's that it really does not get great reception. Not a huge deal for me most of the time, since I live in an area saturated with 4G coverage, but have definitely noticed that there are times when my friends/family with Verizon iPhones have working data signals in areas I do not. Of course, it was even worse in the early days after launch, when so many of us would get that dreaded "No SIM" error every time we tried to make a call or send a text, forcing our phones to recycle the data connection....haven't seen that in months, thank God.

Mine actually seems to do a bit better since the last update, for what it's worth.

Hopefully that's something that has been fixed on the GS4.

radicalRWer

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had the SIM error since I updated to 4.1.2.

Now I am getting a slow charge rate. Looking at battery usage Media Server is using 25% of battery (most) and then screen is 22%.

Also the phone has a big delay in showing it being unplugged from charger. Bolt icon on battery keeps showing for a good 10-15sec. Update related?

Pulling battery and SIM now to see if this fixes anything.

kulvir france

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting this little notification toward the bottom of my screen periodically. It seems to interfere with the performance and network connectivity.

Oh yeah - Anyone have a big B--ch about the signal reception? My wifes iPhone 4S reception blows my S3 out of the water. I cannot even use mine at home and her 4S gets a good signal (3bars) and never drops a call. Most the time my phone will say "mobile network not available". Both are verizon phones.

Plz anybody help mee....i facing this problem ..i alredy reset my phone .but still i suffering thiis prooblem.....i hate samsung phone

Last edited by a moderator:

Savaun Contreras

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I'm going to the same problem right now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it did you ever find out how to fix that maybe you could tell me what I could do I have T-Mobile right now or Cricket I guess actually I change my provider I'm really tired of this...ive changed roms and apns basically all i could think of... it's popping up all the time and it's really irritating me please let me know if you got n e leads to figure that out

Marinos Georgiades

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
My new S7 Edge has a similar problem. Specifically, when the phone is in flight mode, the message "Refreshing sim data" blinks at the bottom of the screen continuously resulting in battery drain. This occurs periodically. My phone runs Android Nougat.
Please help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2