Keytones won't turn off.

mnms222

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Since the update my phone had this morning the keytones won't turn off and it's extremely frustrating. I've gone into sound settings and it says it's off, but it isn't. I've restarted the phone as well. Anyone have any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.

mnms222

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I turned off the system volume and the annoying sound is gone. It would be nice if the actual setting would work though.

Melanie McDonald

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out how to turn off the keytones sound, after the update this morning, too... the only way I could get around it, is by going into "settings" then "sound" and then "volume" and turning the volume all the way down for the system. Which is the one all the way at the bottom. Now it just vibrates. It feels like the vibrating is a little stronger with each button but at least I don't have to hear that annoying sound with each click. I hope this was helpful....

mnms222

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yup. That's what I did as well. Mine doesn't vibrate though. Thank goodness! That would drive me just as crazy as the beep! Dang update. I hope that issue is fixed soon.

chrono117

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
From Verizon forums:
https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/945051

JerseyK Mar 14, 2013 7:50 PM (in response to Artoro)
I had the same problem when I got the update, but with haptic feedback rather than sound. I followed 21stNow's advice (thank you!) and was able to control it as follows:

Settings -> Language and Input (under the "Personal" heading) -> ["settings" icon next to "Samsung Keyboard" ] -> Advanced -> Key-tap vibration (checkbox)

That turned off haptic feedback for me, and there's a checkbox for "Key-tap sound" right below it that will hopefully turn off sound for you.

PlainEnvelopes

May 24, 2013
Visit site
From Verizon forums:
https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/945051

JerseyK Mar 14, 2013 7:50 PM (in response to Artoro)
I had the same problem when I got the update, but with haptic feedback rather than sound. I followed 21stNow's advice (thank you!) and was able to control it as follows:

Settings -> Language and Input (under the "Personal" heading) -> ["settings" icon next to "Samsung Keyboard" ] -> Advanced -> Key-tap vibration (checkbox)

That turned off haptic feedback for me, and there's a checkbox for "Key-tap sound" right below it that will hopefully turn off sound for you.

thank you for the help man. it worked on my s4

Jason Knisley

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I did what you said. I went into settings, clicked on language input and then the settings icon right next to the samsung keyboard. However my vibration option under the key-tap feedback is in gray and I am not able to click it and there is no advanced setting listed. Please help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance