Comcast email on stock email app stopped syncing emails newer than 2/13/13

ravenwhale

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The title says it all. Very strange. About a week ago, the only emails that show on up on my stock GS3 email app for a comcast.net account are either February 13, 2013 or older. I have tried pretty much everything. Deleting and recreating the account etc. Funny thing, all other apps I have tried, Maildroid, aquamail, do the same thing. The only app that works is the xfinity app from Comcast. Any ideas anyone? Would sure appreciate it. I actually like the stock email app and would like to continue using it. It has worked perfectly for nearly a year and now this.
Thank you!

ravenwhale

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I figured this out myself. After trying everything short of a factory reset, I went into my email on the Comcast server and deleted every email in February of this year. Went back to my phone and opened up the mail application and hit refresh, and all my emails came in normally. Apparently, there was a corrupted email or something that could not load to my phone that stopped all subsequent emails from downloading to my phone. Hope this helps someone else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie