Goodbye Galaxy S3

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Been dealing with reception issues, dropped calls etc etc etc. Figured I'd work with Tech support job am ongoing basis. I'm done. This is the second phone, 3rd sim. Dropped calls cost me money. Not happening. Verizon offered network extender for $150. No thanks. Droid Razr. Maybe. Razr Maxx Hd. Send it. Hopefully it will resolve the issues. No offense to samsung but the thing is toast(sledgehammer) one way or another.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Meh.

More than likely it's a coverage issue than phone issue.

At home I get crappy coverage and at work I get perfect coverage. With my Droid X I got crappy service at home and perfect service at work. With my S3 I get crappy service at home and perfect service at work.

Hope the new phone helps tho.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Every phone I ever had including 4 iphones and my current note 2 get terrible in house reception. Drop calls constanly inside. The second I step outside I get 5 bars and never drop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

bunky1971

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If they GIVE you the extender, make sure it is the dual tech one. We have the voice only version at work and it is horrible...
I wouldnt pay to offload wireless service to your broadband connection.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Every phone I ever had including 4 iphones and my current note 2 get terrible in house reception. Drop calls constanly inside. The second I step outside I get 5 bars and never drop.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

You might want to change the siding on your house from depleted uranium shielding to Hardyplank...might help. ;)

I've got similar issues too...my home reception is average to poor...1 to 3 bars...depending on the wind and whether the Moon is in the waning gibbous phase while moving from Taurus to...whatever the next constellation is. Overall, I get great reception with Verizon, but everything varies depending on location...and that waning gibbous Moon phase thingy.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon may send you another phone as a warranty replacement, have you asked?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just as I had hoped, the replacement Moto Razr Maxx HD replaced by Verizon solved the 8 month "is the other guys fault" "its your house " blah blah. The radio on this phone had made a huge improvement. Night n day. Samsung offered to replace" conflicting parts", but I was done. I'll miss the larger real estate, but i need a phone to be a phone, first and foremost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I live in central NJ, in the large town. You'd think I'd have great service, in fact at&t, Nextel, T-Mobile, all have full bars, Verizon i get one bar. I called and called and kept complaining. First they wanted to sell me a network extender for $200, i said why should i pay for it I'm already paying for the service. Finally i called and told them i wanted them to put truck outside my house and measure the signal. They then offered me an extender for $50,, and I said ok. Now i have 3 bars, and no problems.

Liljoepr

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem with my S3. It really sucks because I really like the device but unfortunately inside my house I couldn't even send text messages or use data. I bought an iphone 5 and I've been able to make/receive calls and text messages AND I get LTE inside my house.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I live in central NJ, in the large town. You'd think I'd have great service, in fact at&t, Nextel, T-Mobile, all have full bars, Verizon i get one bar. I called and called and kept complaining. First they wanted to sell me a network extender for $200, i said why should i pay for it I'm already paying for the service. Finally i called and told them i wanted them to put truck outside my house and measure the signal. They then offered me an extender for $50,, and I said ok. Now i have 3 bars, and no problems.
I also live in Central NJ. I used to always get 5 bars on 3G. With LTE signal seems to vary by the block. I was getting an extremely weak signal in my house when I first got my S3 but now signal strength is decent in the house. When in my house I almost always use wifi anyway so it's not a problem for me. I even use wifi to make and receive calls using the Spare Phone app with Google Voice.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I had that problem with my S3. It really sucks because I really like the device but unfortunately inside my house I couldn't even send text messages or use data. I bought an iphone 5 and I've been able to make/receive calls and text messages AND I get LTE inside my house.

Are Samsung radios bad? I wouldn't know cause I have a nexus 4( full bars at home btw)

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Got the network extender when I got an iPhone and only had 1 bar at my computer desk, where I'm often using my phone. Tried very hard to point out to Verizon that it isn't my fault that their coverage sucks, I'm paying full going rate for their crappy coverage, but no dice, had to pay full price for it. Still using the network extender, and I've got to say that it works well for me. Phone is mostly okay outside, but I don't live outside *smile*, my phones have to work in my house. I don't think that Samsung radios are particularly bad, they're just equally bad *smile*, maybe a little better than my iPhone was. 4.1.2 seems to have improved the S3 radios a bit It all depends on the coverage in your area and signal in your house as well.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
That blows. .dropped calls:(
Is been a very long long time.
I'm in NJ
And wonder why my area doesn't have lte.. only 4g.. which is fab lol
I remember the days I had to go outside to use my cell phone cause I couldn't get a calm indoors.
We sure came a very very long way wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

lmatnme

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Been dealing with reception issues, dropped calls etc etc etc. Figured I'd work with Tech support job am ongoing basis. I'm done. This is the second phone, 3rd sim. Dropped calls cost me money. Not happening. Verizon offered network extender for $150. No thanks. Droid Razr. Maybe. Razr Maxx Hd. Send it. Hopefully it will resolve the issues. No offense to samsung but the thing is toast(sledgehammer) one way or another.

You should have taken the "network extender". I had the same issues, crappy reception home, great everywhere else. Network Extender cured my "at home" problem!

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
On verizon LTE IS 4g.

I have heard Samsung radios are not top notch, but always having bad service in my house (until they put up a 4g tower) it didn't matter what brand of phone. I've have friends here with all brands from LG, Sammy, HTC, and Moto. All were fairly equal in their service. DON'T go by the bars on the screen. Under settings/about phone, there is a network signal option to actually view the instant quality of signal. It's in negatives and the higher the number, the worse the signal. Compare what your phone is reading to others and that will be a true guage of Phone vs Network. You can't do this with an iphone though, only Android.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Go to AT&T. I've got the same phone, no problems.:p

jamesbarns

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I am with you here. My S3 has been constantly screwing up the one function that it should at least be capable of doing, receiving and taking calls. Sometimes it is so bad that I will end up getting voicemails from people a day later from when they called me, not to mention that it never shows that I have gotten a missed call. Getting a new phone now, one that you can call a "phone" and keep a straight face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James
Best Cheap Camcorders

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Got the network extender when I got an iPhone and only had 1 bar at my computer desk, where I'm often using my phone. Tried very hard to point out to Verizon that it isn't my fault that their coverage sucks, I'm paying full going rate for their crappy coverage, but no dice, had to pay full price for it. Still using the network extender, and I've got to say that it works well for me. Phone is mostly okay outside, but I don't live outside *smile*, my phones have to work in my house. I don't think that Samsung radios are particularly bad, they're just equally bad *smile*, maybe a little better than my iPhone was. 4.1.2 seems to have improved the S3 radios a bit It all depends on the coverage in your area and signal in your house as well.

I have 3-5 bars every where I go.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, unlike what the mindless echoes of how Motorola is the best around these forums, my RAZR doesn't pick up the signal as good as my s3 does and It won't hold 4g at 1-2 bars like the s3 does. I'm sorry you are having trouble. I truly hope a new phone fixes the problem.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You should have taken the "network extender". I had the same issues, crappy reception home, great everywhere else. Network Extender cured my "at home" problem!

Nah. I'm way too stubborn, to hand VZW more money. They kept reading the script, all the while I knew it was the phone (s) I've had the RAZR Maxx HD for a day and not one call issue, perfect

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums