Unlocked S3 but no data

Kamran Malik1

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I unlocked my verizon galaxy s3 using odin and also rooted it. i have superuser access and everything. I'm using an ATT sim i can make/receive calls and sms and everything. WIFI also works, but if iturn wifi off, i get no network(data) connection. No internet. Also, even though my phone is unlocked, it still says this sim card not supported by verizon. is that normal for anyone else? I mean it still works but just no 3g/4g/lte signals.

Any help would be appreciated.

I also tried factory reset but still no luck. Called att and they said everything is fine on their end and told me to factory reset and still no luck.
Is flashing CWM gonna make a difference? I have it on stock no CWM.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it applies to the S3, but I unlocked an HTC from a CDMA carrier but couldn't get it to work with an HSPA+ SIM.

I believe that for the most part CDMA phones only work on CDMA carriers & HSPA+ on HSPA+.
There are a few exceptions though but I'm not sure if the S3 is one of them.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When you say that you "unlocked it via Odin", are you referring to unlocking the bootloader? That has nothing to do with unlocking the phone so that it can be used on a different carrier.
Did you call Verizon to get an unlock code? You normally have to contact the carrier that the phone "belongs to" to allow it to be used on other networks.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
When you say that you "unlocked it via Odin", are you referring to unlocking the bootloader? That has nothing to do with unlocking the phone so that it can be used on a different carrier.
Did you call Verizon to get an unlock code? You normally have to contact the carrier that the phone "belongs to" to allow it to be used on other networks.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

The s3 is already sim unlocked with the jb update. The apn is locked though, use the method in the previous post to change the apn

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Here is my wife's
NAME: ATT Phone
APN: Phone
Proxy: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MMS:410
Authentication type: none
APN type: internet + mms
APN protocol: IPv4

Also did you put in the SIM and reboot

Sent from my SCH-I815 using Tapatalk 2

Kamran Malik1

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried all of your settings, did a reboot, and sim is in, i have signals to make calls on phone. full 5 bars. but no data unless wifi. has anyone else ever had the issue? verizon s3 can be unlocked and used with att with data right?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember the apns I used but I had att data working on my note 2. I'll keep searching for you

Kamran Malik1

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember the apns I used but I had att data working on my note 2. I'll keep searching for you

thanks a bunch. i tried alot of att apns and then reboot my phone but still won't work. i know my data is working because when i put it in another phone like the iphone 4s it works. just not on this phone. only calls

Kamran Malik1

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE! I tried this apn settings and i got E signals. Guessing its Edge. i need the 4g/lte and 3g signals though.
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN type: default,supl,mms

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
thanks a bunch. i tried alot of att apns and then reboot my phone but still won't work. i know my data is working because when i put it in another phone like the iphone 4s it works. just not on this phone. only calls

Please try the two ATT ones in the picture below

apuzype5.jpg

radhi19

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
im having the same issue cept my phone is a rooted verizon s3 on tmobile. i get data only when connected to wi-fi...any help? pleeeasE?

Jennifer Ohlinger

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I need help please. I was having the same problems. I have a Verizon phone with a Att Sims card. Well I reset the phone And I was able to make calls but today when I woke up I wasn't able to make calls or anything...I can use the Wi-Fi but that's it.. what am I doing wrong.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Jennifer,
What does it show under Settings -> More settings -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names?
If it's still just showing 'LTE - Verizon Internet' that's part of your problem.

What about Settings -> About phone -> Status? If it still shows 'Verizon Wireless' under the Network heading that's another part of the problem.

Did you do anything to get Verizon to carrier unlock the phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2