Question about using the galaxy phone for texting

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I posted in the Note 2 section as well but since S3 and Note 2 seem to run same software I thought maybe someone here could help me with my Note 2 texting issue.

I was trying to use the swipe feature when viewing contacts, swipe one way when viewing contacts to text, swipe the other way to call.

My problem is when I swipe to text it keeps trying to text the persons home number NOT the mobile number. Obviously I can't text the persons home phone, is there a setting I need to change to get the phone to know that it needs to text a mobile number and not a home number? Seems like instead of using the mobile number it uses the first number listed in my case it is always the home number. Is there an easy fix for this?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
On my GS3, it appears the number selected depends on two things:

1. If you set a number as default (on the contact screen, long press the number you want to make default, then choose from the menu), the swipe motion will text or dial the default number.

2. If no number is selected as default, it always chooses the first number listed for the contact.

So, you can go through and select the mobile number as the default for anyone you might want to text, or you can manually delete and re-add numbers in the order necessary to make the mobile number be on top. It would be nice, I guess, if the app were smart enough to choose the number labeled as mobile to text. Maybe in the S5!

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You would think that it would be normal for the device to use mobile number for texting regardless of which comes first in the list. I guess it is something in the code that would need to be changed. I guess I need to go through each one and correct it myself.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463