SOLVED: Shortcut to MP3 on Home Screen - Death to the telemarketers

BrickAlley

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Home phones can still get unsolicited calls in spite of the Do Not Registry.

I've had enough, so I DL'ed the Disconnected Number message and I want put it on my home screen, so I can get to it in a flash. Some how this simple task has evaded my memory, :confused: so hopefully someone can throw some helpful info my way. Thanks!

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Shortcut to MP3 on Home Screen - Death to the telemarketers

Home phones can still get unsolicited calls in spite of the Do Not Registry.

I've had enough, so I DL'ed the Disconnected Number message and I want put it on my home screen, so I can get to it in a flash. Some how this simple task has evaded my memory, :confused: so hopefully someone can throw some helpful info my way. Thanks!
Open the app drawer select the widget or app shortcut you want on your homes screen. Press and Hold this will give you the option of dropping it on your home screens

BrickAlley

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm looking for a way to create a shortcut to an mp3. I can create a folder, but I'm not sure what I could do other than put a link to a music player in the folder and that's not a time saver. LOL

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm looking for a way to create a shortcut to an mp3. I can create a folder, but I'm not sure what I could do other than put a link to a music player in the folder and that's not a time saver. LOL

The only way I can think of is use a music player widget and put the mp3 in a specific folder and have the player only search in that one folder. Then you can just hit play from the widget.

Or use an app called "Anycut" this may allow you to make a shortcut to the mp3. Then just make sure to hit always on whatever player you want to use

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

BrickAlley

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Okay, I found a way to place a shortcut to an mp3 on the home screen. It's an app called File Shortcut, it put an mp3 on the home screen and when you touch it plays immediately.

Hopefully this will help someone else who wants this functionality.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Robert Stoops

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I know where you're coming. I've been getting unsolicited calls, too, and they're indeed frustrating when you can't seem to make them stop. So I perfectly understand why you've resorted to pulling jokes on these callers. And I think everybody does that. :)

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I pull pranks on telemarketers. too. I get the tips at Top 14 Ways To Annoy Telemarketers and it's hilarious how these callers react to the joke. :)

Hmmm... Using a Disconnected Number message on your answering machine is a funny idea. I haven't tried that before and I'm excited about it. :)
Google Voice gives a "disconnected" message to SPAM callers and anyone else you designate.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
ES File Explorer is a great app to manage your files. Once you find the .mp3 you want to link to, simply long-press on the file and choose "Add to Desktop". This will create a shortcut on your home screen for you.

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

So playing the mp3 actually sends the audio through the phone to the other end? That would surprise me, did anyone confirm it? Or does it just play locally but loud enough to be picked up by the microphone?