adobe flash player ics

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
yes, but I believe that adobe stopped android development for flash player a while ago. You can still get it for your phone by getting the apk off their website and side loading it :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Is this safe to use on the galaxy s3? Thanks.

"Safe" is a subjective term...the fact is that Adobe hasn't released an update for Flash since last August, which means that any security exploits discovered since that time have *not* been patched. Not being an expert on the subject myself, I can't speak to what security holes, if any, do exist for the latest Flash .apk, or to the perceived risk or severity, but given the history of Flash it's probably a safe assumption that the working versions of Flash that exist for Android do have unpatched security vulnerabilities.

On top of that, fewer and fewer Android browsers work with existing versions of Flash, and as the browsers are updated and Flash is not, that compatibility list keeps getting shorter and shorter.

I understand the desire to get Flash loaded, and frankly it stinks that many Flash-enabled sites don't provide content that works on mobile platforms, but at some point we as users need to accept the fact that Flash for Android (or any mobile device for that matter) was a failed experiment and is essentially dead. I personally wouldn't recommend loading a 9 month old version of Flash that was never designed to run on Android 4.2 to begin with...but yes, it is possible (for now) to do so if you really need it.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
"Safe" is a subjective term...the fact is that Adobe hasn't released an update for Flash since last August, which means that any security exploits discovered since that time have *not* been patched. Not being an expert on the subject myself, I can't speak to what security holes, if any, do exist for the latest Flash .apk, or to the perceived risk or severity, but given the history of Flash it's probably a safe assumption that the working versions of Flash that exist for Android do have unpatched security vulnerabilities.

On top of that, fewer and fewer Android browsers work with existing versions of Flash, and as the browsers are updated and Flash is not, that compatibility list keeps getting shorter and shorter.

I understand the desire to get Flash loaded, and frankly it stinks that many Flash-enabled sites don't provide content that works on mobile platforms, but at some point we as users need to accept the fact that Flash for Android (or any mobile device for that matter) was a failed experiment and is essentially dead. I personally wouldn't recommend loading a 9 month old version of Flash that was never designed to run on Android 4.2 to begin with...but yes, it is possible (for now) to do so if you really need it.

Flash received an update less than a month ago, abd had received a few updates since August.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2190351

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Not quite sure about that. You posted a link from March 2 months ago. The latest version showing there has been on my phone since Nov 2012. It even states in the post you linked that it is not being updated.

*** NOTE: FLASH PLAYER IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED FOR NEW DEVICE CONFIGURATIONS. FLASH PLAYER WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED ON ANY ANDROID VERSION BEYOND ANDROID 4.0.x ***

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463