sd card question?

Greg DeCoursey

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to move music, movies and apps to the sd card? When I go to check my storage, it doesn't show anything on the card, but when I go to manage my apps, it says that that my movies and music are on the card. Any help or ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to move music, movies and apps to the sd card? When I go to check my storage, it doesn't show anything on the card, but when I go to manage my apps, it says that that my movies and music are on the card. Any help or ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Music and movies yes you can and if you are not sure of the storage, Take it out, Place it in a card reader on your PC and go to My Computer and read the storage by right clicking and look on properties.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I connect my phone to my computer through the USB connection of the phone and computer. This sometimes is difficult with the older windows OS but with windows 7 or above it is easy. Then use the Windows Explorer application to move your music from the internal storage of your phone to the sd card storage and you may want to back the music up to your computer at the same time. I also have a bunch of photos on the sd card. I have a phone with 32gb internal memory so I have plenty of room for my apps. I also have a 64 gb sd card with about 25gb of music on it and all those photos I have taken and downloaded.

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Go to My Files and select sdcard0 to locate the file that you want to move. Long press on the folder, individual song or picture then a menu will pop up where you will see a option to move. After you select move then you need to select extSdCard and either add to a existing folder or create a new one, after you have done that in the top right corner hit Move Here and your done. You can move items from the external sdcard to internal the same way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude