Help. Totally confused. Stuck in S3 ROM load.

Cdc3030

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I have myself completely confused.

I have TWRP installed. THOUGHT I was following directions, but apparently missed a step somewhere. (samsung drivers on PC)

I was attempting to install synergy. Did factory reset(wipe)

The state of the phone now is:

It boots up into TWRP.

When connected via USB to my computer, I do not see the phone as a device. (win8). I have Hemdall and Oden installed. If I have TWRP up, Hemdall sees the device as an option in the USB devices (samsung_android_SCH-I535). If I attempt to put it into download mode, Hemdall no longer sees the samsung device in the USB options.

I have read about a dozen different options for down loading the Synergy ROM (Synergy-S3_19Apr13_1622_r484_s) but I can't quite figure out what to do with my set of options. I can't put the phone into download mode, or Hemdall loses the phone in usb. Not sure if it is in TWRP if it can run Hemdall. Oden doesnt see anything at all when TWRP is up, sees 0:[com5] when in download mode.

So....which combo do I need to download my Synergy ROM?

Thanks. Im an *****.

The SuperUser

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi CDC3030,

Good question, luckily, I've done this before. I'm not quite sure that this is your problem but it appears that when you factory reset or wipe or what have you, you actually erased everything on the system leaving you with nothing more than a O.S.-less Phone.
It's very simple, to solve this, if I am correct this is you're problem is. First off, I want you to thank yourself for getting into TWRP. :p

Next, Do you have a MICRO-SD card? If not, pick one up; whilst you're looking for one, look for a Micro-SD to SD then a SD to USB (Don't worry, they usually come bundled in a store!).
Great! You have those? Plug them into the computer, next download the ROM(Keep in .rar form, do NOT unzip or extract) onto the Micro-SD card.
Now, you have it on the SD card, remove it from the computer, then the USB, now back into the phone.
Next, go back into TWRP and install a zip from SD, and install your .RAR onto the phone.
Now, reboot, and bam!

If this isn't it, let me know,
The SuperUser

Cdc3030

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Thanks for that. I do have a SD card, but no reader, so I put it in my old phone, hooked it up to my computer...loaded up the .RAR onto the SD card. Put the SD card into my new phone, booted it up into TWRP, and installed. No problems! Thanks. :)

I could not figure out what to do since my computer could not recognize the phone....did not think about swapping the SD around. Good Idea!

Thanks again!
cheri

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante