wifi taking long time to load

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
my s3 all of a sudden is either extremely slow or won't connect in house to wifi. i have hi speed cable internet. the laptop fires right up on the wifi so i know its not the internet service. when i switch the s3 to off wifi it fires right up after switching to 4g. i have cleaned the cache. does anyone have suggestions. it s3 is 8 months old. i have pulled the battery also. this is an intermittant problem.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
my s3 all of a sudden is either extremely slow or won't connect in house to wifi. i have hi speed cable internet. the laptop fires right up on the wifi so i know its not the internet service. when i switch the s3 to off wifi it fires right up after switching to 4g. i have cleaned the cache. does anyone have suggestions. it s3 is 8 months old. i have pulled the battery also. this is an intermittant problem.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

DId you clear the phone's cache in recovery mode? If not, I would give that a try.

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I used to do IT connecting wifi networks. 90% of the wifi connection issues are from the wireless router. It's either going bad or just needs to be configured properly. If not configured properly it might have been working fine before then all of sudden you have issues. It might also work fine for other devices but only have issues with one or two devices. I spent a lot of time on the phone with the different router manufacturers because the settings are sometimes different on each individual brand. Routers also have a certain lifespan. At one point you will start to get disconnected constantly or have to reset the router all the time.

I would first check to see if you have a problem connecting to wifi in another location. That way you can determine if it's your phone or your router setup, but I'm betting it's not the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca