Screen Burn in

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have used this wallpaper on my lock screen and my home screen for a few months. I now just noticed I can see the outline on white screens.

Had anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369314273803.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369314273803.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 452

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have used this wallpaper on my lock screen and my home screen for a few months. I now just noticed I can see the outline on white screens.

Had anyone else had this issue?

I haven't had any issues with screen image burns, but then again, I change my wall paper once a week cause I have so many of them. I would guess if you had the screen on a lot, or for long periods of time with high brightness that is the reason why.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with screen image burns, but then again, I change my wall paper once a week cause I have so many of them. I would guess if you had the screen on a lot, or for long periods of time with high brightness that is the reason why.

Obviously I can't see the burn in on a dark screen but if I use a light screen wallpaper it is visible to me at least

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Obviously I can't see the burn in on a dark screen but if I use a light screen wallpaper it is visible to me at least

It probably is there. This happens a lot with any screen that stays lighted in the same place for a prolonged period of time. Remember arcade games that had the title burned into the screen? Or better yet, Pac Man, with the maze?

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
It probably is there. This happens a lot with any screen that stays lighted in the same place for a prolonged period of time. Remember arcade games that had the title burned into the screen? Or better yet, Pac Man, with the maze?

Oh yes I remember that very well. However, these screens are not supposed to have burn in. I have had this phone about 6 months total and the specific wallpaper a couple months (though on both lock screen and normal.)

I may have to call VZW and request a refurbished one which always scares me because of how many refurbs have been sent to me DoA.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes I remember that very well. However, these screens are not supposed to have burn in. I have had this phone about 6 months total and the specific wallpaper a couple months (though on both lock screen and normal.)

I may have to call VZW and request a refurbished one which always scares me because of how many refurbs have been sent to me DoA.

I am a firm believer in the phrase 'very few things are absolute.' This being one of those instances. Not supposed to and do are two very different things. But I understand where you are coming form with the notion of a refurb device.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed this on my year old VZW S3 32gb. What has burned in are the dock icons. And can "very lightly" see them on a white screen. I thought I would start moving around the icons in the dock to prevent any worsening of the condition. Can rearrange all except the app drawer icon lower right. Darn!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this on my year old VZW S3 32gb. What has burned in are the dock icons. And can "very lightly" see them on a white screen. I thought I would start moving around the icons in the dock to prevent any worsening of the condition. Can rearrange all except the app drawer icon lower right. Darn!

Any launcher from Play should allow that.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Yes the AMOLED screens can get Burn-in. VZW may not replace it due to Burn-in. Screen burn-in - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The screen is the same. Only detectable on a white background. Since any application use that allows dark background it is not a huge issue. Just annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Naci Ishakbeyoglu

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I just bought s4 from att month ago and started using it as alarm clock during nights and this week I noticed the burn in. In a light background it is noticeable. Not sure what to do.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well this isn't good news. I've had the S3, the Note 3, and now the S4. The last thing I want to see is a bad pixel or screen burn-in.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what to do.
1. Try the app suggested in post #10
2. Be sure your brightness is turned down to minimum
3. For an even dimmer screen try Screen Filter: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tore/apps/details?id=com.haxor&token=6sSEyJsK
Finally, if it's just an alarm clock, you don't need the screen on in order for it to ring the alarm and wake you up - turn the screen off.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use my S3 as a bedside clock and alarm. If you tap the small square icon top right of the clock it goes into Screen Saver mode. The Time and Weather change location about every minute to keep down burn-in.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed a slight burn in on my galaxy s3 today. I can see a slight outline of the letters from my keyboard on a white screen. I'm kind of upset because I didn't have this problem on my iPhone 4s (obviously because it's LCD). I'm running an app now that will hopefully address the issue. I might be heading back to LCD for my next phone if this becomes a huge issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton