Try a warranty replace or just get a new phone?

turtlegrrl

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got my S3 last July. I have a line eligible for upgrade. Other phone is easily replaced dumb phone.
I am having serious usb port issues. Basically I have to switch batteries once a day, and carry my battery charger at all times.
I think I caused the issue by setting the phone in water for a second. None of the indicators show water damage, but I don't know what they can see.
If they deny the warranty claim, they will charge me 300. Should I just upgrade? I would prefer to hold out for the HTC One, but this charging thing is a pain.
I could buy the wireless charging kit. Any luck with those?
I actually am happy with the software update yesterday. So I like my phone.
Another thing, my phone looks chewed up since I removed the Otterbox case. I got sick of taking it on and off for battery pulls.

Costco has the S4 for 199 in stock. I would probably get it there.

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how you are going to have it replaced or repaired. If you go through insurance than as long as none of the external water damage indicators are acitve(red) then you should be okay since the sales reps do not disassemble the device. But, if you are trying to get it repaired or replaced through your warranty with Samsung they will likely find the water damage even without any of the stickers being active. Once water touches the motherboard or any of the flex cables the components beging to rust and corrode in a very noticeable way. Also with water damage, although it works now, it could stop working completely or cause other weird issues, so be aware of that.

A wireless charging kit is definitely an option, probably your cheapest option, too. Ive not personally used one for the S3 but since the S3 has two contacts on the back of the phone for wireless charging kits it would be fairly simple to accomplish. Probably your best option if you want to keep your phone. Or just use the upgrade and get a shiny, new phone

turtlegrrl

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I was aiming for using the warranty. I don't have insurance on this phone. Debating the two year plan at Costco if I get another phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995