Wifi and 3G/4G stay connected at same time after update

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Wifi and 3G/4G are now connected at same time after the recent Verizon update.

When Wifi connects, 3G/4G disconnects as expected. But, after a minute or two, three 3G/4G indicator comes back on and both Wifi and 3G/4G stay connected until I toggle Wifi off/on or toggle airplane mode on/off.

If I disable mobile data the 3G/4G stays off and Wifi stays connected (as expected).

Anyone seeing this too after the Verizon "multi window" update?

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I've deleted the caller id app and I also have the Wi-Fi and 4G icons showing at the same time when Wi-Fi is on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's been discussed. Delete the Caller ID app that was also installed.

Thanks cedjunior. I found the post. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=284406.

I just got the "your account has been changed" email from Verizon too. I didn't open the Caller ID app. I guess they are audio enrolling everyone after they get this OTA update. What gives them the right to auto charge us ($36/year) for an app that we didn't want or install or even open?

jlake1998

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
go to s voice. say open caller name to find the app. It will then open. Then I think it was under options to discontinue free trial

gunnypapa

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue as well as the other issues with 4G after update. After research here and couple other places, it is no doubt the bloat from VZW escpecially the Caller ID App. I deleted the app, restarted the phone and have zero issues, Everything is working great. MY 4G sisnal sucks where I live so no change in that respect.

Trenzik

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I am not rooted and have Verizon GS3. Did you actually uninstall it? Because I can only disable it, I do not see how I would uninstall the app without rooting.

Thanks

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I am not rooted and have Verizon GS3. Did you actually uninstall it? Because I can only disable it, I do not see how I would uninstall the app without rooting.

Thanks

You will have to enable the app, then open it and choose to uninstall it within the app itself. Then restart your phone and check to make sure its not running again as I don't think it really gets uninstalled rather just gets hidden.

Trenzik

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, I never got that option to uninstall it from within the app itself. I disabled it again since i could not an uninstall message to show up. I will test the wifi tonight when I get home.

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I never got that option to uninstall it from within the app itself. I disabled it again since i could not an uninstall message to show up. I will test the wifi tonight when I get home.

This app only works over the mobile network, will not work just using wifi so if you keep getting the try later message then keep trying. When it does come up then go to Account Tools > Remove Application then restart after you confirm removal.

Marcie Becker

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Please know that not all of us are on Verizon. My phone is also using the mobile data when I am connected to my wifi. I called at&t about this and they said I would need to turn off my mobile data when I want to use my wifi. WTF.... Are you kidding me. This is a HUGE inconvenience, not to mention the overage charges I incurred twice before I finally found out what was going on.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Marcie,
The thread that you're replying to is 6 months old, and deals specifically with an issue introduced in the 4.1.x update to Verizon phones ONLY which included some bloatware named 'Caller Name ID' that was causing this problem.

If you're having a similar issue after the update to 4.3 on your carrier, please post in the main forum (if you think it affects more than your carrier with 4.3) or in your carrier-specific sub-forum.

Thanks, and welcome to the forums. If you haven't already done so, you may want to read through http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=62370
(New to Android and/or the Forums? Start Here!) to get familiar with the Android Central forums.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine is doing this crap with the newest JELLYBEAN update, and I have gone over on my verizon data usage TWICE NOW, not knowing until I caught that it was staying on. This is ridiculous and i dont have a caller ID app.