Verizon Galaxy S3 won't connect via USB to my computer

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: S3 won't connect via USB to my computer

Zoandar,
Unfortunately, no - the only way out of Download mode is a battery pull - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Vampgrrl

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

YES FINALLY! After a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure this out, this finally worked. Thanks a million.:D

Make sure the Samsung drivers are installed. Power off your phone. Power on the phone in Download mode. (Volume Down + Home + Power) Press Volume Up to continue. Once it's in Download mode, plug it into your computer. Windows should now discover it and load the driver. Once this is complete, unplug the phone from the computer, and pull the battery out of the phone to get out of Download mode. Replace the battery, and power on the phone like normal. It should connect to the computer properly.

Fairouz Hesham

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

how long does it take??
iit has been in this mode for 10 mintues..wih nothing showing me that anything is downloading or thing like that:-\

Raminhakimy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

my friend first connect your phone in other PC if it's works then it's your computer problem
go to device manger then click on USB transfer deleted it and after deleting again connect your usb cable it will works,

let me know if any question

Ramin

pennypenz

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

hi ya this is what i get is this serious or how do i fix it, not at all clever at this
Downloading: http://192.168.0.3:8080/artifactory/libs-release/com/thoughtworks/p
roxytoys/proxytoys/1.0/proxytoys-1.0.jar
Downloading: http://192.168.0.3:8080/artifactory/libs-snapshot/com/thoughtworks/
proxytoys/proxytoys/1.0/proxytoys-1.0.jar
[WARNING] An error occurred during dependency resolution of the following artifa
ct:
com.thoughtworks.proxytoys:proxytoys:1.0
Caused by: Could not transfer artifact com.thoughtworks.proxytoys:proxytoys:jar:
1.0 from/to central (http://192.168.0.3:8080/artifactory/libs-release): Error tr
ansferring file: Server returned HTTP response code: 409 for URL: http://192.168
.0.3:8080/artifactory/libs-release/com/thoughtworks/proxytoys/proxytoys/1.0/prox
ytoys-1.0.jar
com.thoughtworks.proxytoys:proxytoys:jar:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
central (http://192.168.0.3:8080/artifactory/libs-release, releases=true, snap
shots=false),
snapshots (http://192.168.0.3:8080/artifactory/libs-snapshot, releases=true, s
napshots=true)
Path to dependency:
1) com.vidmind:vidmind-sp-web:war:1.0
2) com.vidmind:vidmind-domain:jar:1.0
3) com.vidmind:vidmind-index:jar:1.0
4) com.vidmind:vidmind-entities:jar:1.0
5) com.thoughtworks.proxytoys:proxytoys:jar:1.0

[INFO] Unable to read jar manifest from C:\Users\ron.VIDMIND\.m2\repository\com\
thoughtworks\proxytoys\proxytoys\1.0\proxytoys-1.0.jar
[INFO

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

pennypenz,
Can we start from the beginning? From what you posted I have no idea what you are trying to do.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Richard Wontner

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

i had this problem install the following GT-I9300 BTU I9300XXEMG4_I9300OXAEMG4 the instal CFG Root This worked for me and i can now get it on comp and with Kies, hope this helps also this will put back imei number on phone if you corrupt it.

Mehw

May 21, 2012
Visit site

I hate to ask this, and I'm sure someone already has, but did you pull down the notifications bar and tap where it tells you it's in USB Installer mode and change it?

I mean, you're here, so you probably did, but hey.

musthavemuzk

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Make sure the Samsung drivers are installed. Power off your phone. Power on the phone in Download mode. (Volume Down + Home + Power) Press Volume Up to continue. Once it's in Download mode, plug it into your computer. Windows should now discover it and load the driver. Once this is complete, unplug the phone from the computer, and pull the battery out of the phone to get out of Download mode. Replace the battery, and power on the phone like normal. It should connect to the computer properly.

thanks!! i did this tonight when i finally got tired of clunky kies.

so glad to be able to drag and drop in a timely manner

Monty

Oscar Ramos

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

what happens if you put it back in normal mode, turn off the phone, plug it into the PC USB port, then power up the phone while connnected to the PC? My drivers are loadd but today when I plugged my phone into the PC...nothing. I simply powered the phone off, plugged it in, then powered it on while plugged in...connected right away.

Carla9900

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same issues. However I tried the above mentioned, but this doesn't happen *Windows should now discover it and load the driver.* It never discovered it. GEESH!! SO frustrating. ANy help please?!?!!?

TORBLS

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I tried the download mode but PC still don't recognize the device. So in my case I suppose is my s3 is not functioning:confused:, right?

TORBLS

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the exact same problem I've been working on this for weeks! PLEASE anyone who knows what to do let me know, I can't keep listening to the same five songs on my phone every day!
Kies! app and soft ware for pc will help you with this -kinda of otunes for S3 but instead u have full access to device just like a ext HDD

shaggy363

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

This is very frustrating. I did everything above and still can't connect to my computer. I've tried on multiple computers and cords without any luck. I just want to root my phone. Does anybody know how to root your phone without being connected to a pc?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Does anybody know how to root your phone without being connected to a pc?
Not possible, sorry.

You haven't given us much to go on:
- what OS on your PC?
- when you plug the phone in does it at least charge?
- are you sure you're using a data cable and not a charging cable?
- have you tried different USB ports?
- does anything show up in the Notification bar on the phone when you plug it in?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

peteyw85

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Hi Guys firstly thanks for the advice heres a few bits for the people who's S3 is connecting as a camera (as mine was)

With S3 unplugged from system open control panel, Scanners and Cameras.
You should see the name of your phone there mine is GT-I9305. Delete this camera.
Unplug your phone.

Download the latest USB Drivers listed here..

Also Download the lastest version of Kies from Samsung US | TVs - Tablets - Smartphones - Cameras - Laptops - Refrigerators

Power off phone and reboot in DOWNLOAD mode.

This worked on mine as no matter which mode it was in it tried to connect as a Camera so you have to delete the Camera Drivers. Also make sure its in MTP mode before going to download mode otherwise you will have to keep repeating.

Also when you Run the Kies software via USB if it doesnt connect click connection troubleshooter and it will ask you to unplug phone and automatically reinstalls drivers.

Hope this helps

Fawzy Elbendary

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

my divice isn`t install in my computer :(
what i should do ?! :(
answer me please

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Fawzy,
You haven't provided much to go on:
- what OS on your PC?
- are you using a data cable or a charging cable when connecting the phone?
- does the PC beep or make any other noise when you connect the phone?
- does the phone show anything in the Notification bar when you connect it to the PC?
- what steps have you already tried?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4