Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1371784174024.jpg
    1371784174024.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 174

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Here is mine. Still running VRBMB1. Not the best service where I'm at right now either.
Screenshot_2013-06-21-07-59-40_zps276b3450.png

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that is why I am waiting on this new update. I ran another one and my download was 9.14mbps and uplaod was 2.83mbps. That was with fairly good 4G connection. I am sticking with the VRBMB1update

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Speedtest is OK here in Jacksonville.

Dude, you're connected to Wifi not 4G. Of course it is gonna be fast. The OP was stating how his speed was weak when connected to 4G after the update that was suppose to fix this issue. Mine was slightly better, but now I cannot seem to pull a 4G signal at places where I used to be able to get a strong connection at, i.e. my work.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Dude, you're connected to Wifi not 4G. Of course it is gonna be fast. The OP was stating how his speed was weak when connected to 4G after the update that was suppose to fix this issue. Mine was slightly better, but now I cannot seem to pull a 4G signal at places where I used to be able to get a strong connection at, i.e. my work.

Thanks Kamen. I am getting inconsistent results now...around my house I am getting 1-2 mbps at most but when I got to work which is about 10 miles away (right next to the airport in Phoenix) I shot up to about 8 mbps indoors. Then I went outside to the smoking area which was a few hundred feet away and got 42 mbps? I really do not know what to make of this, before update #1 around my house I was consistently getting 8-10 mbps and never ever gotten 42 mbps anywhere! Is it my phone? Network? Either way, before either update, my data always worked, now it works sometimes :-\

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Kamen. I am getting inconsistent results now...around my house I am getting 1-2 mbps at most but when I got to work which is about 10 miles away (right next to the airport in Phoenix) I shot up to about 8 mbps indoors. Then I went outside to the smoking area which was a few hundred feet away and got 42 mbps? I really do not know what to make of this, before update #1 around my house I was consistently getting 8-10 mbps and never ever gotten 42 mbps anywhere! Is it my phone? Network? Either way, before either update, my data always worked, now it works sometimes :-\

I wish I could get a steady 42Mbps. I think everyone would. lol

The fastest I have ever gotten on LTE was around 22 Mbps which made me a happy boy, but right now I am peaking at around 2.5 Mbps. It's sad and extremely frustrating.

Try this and see if it helps. Go to Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and make sure it is set to CDMA/LTE. Then in the Mobile Networks section pick Access Point Names and make sure the LTE - Verizon Internet is enabled. I found that after the latest update it unticked it which was causing me to have speeds around the same as you had originally posted. This seemed to help me, albeit not very much. It is more of a band-aid fix then anything else.

spectre72

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Kamen, I hope these numbers look a little better for 4G vs Wi-Fi. Wasn't thinking.

Attachments

• 1371838839467.jpg
    1371838839467.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 82

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could get a steady 42Mbps. I think everyone would. lol

The fastest I have ever gotten on LTE was around 22 Mbps which made me a happy boy, but right now I am peaking at around 2.5 Mbps. It's sad and extremely frustrating.

Try this and see if it helps. Go to Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and make sure it is set to CDMA/LTE. Then in the Mobile Networks section pick Access Point Names and make sure the LTE - Verizon Internet is enabled. I found that after the latest update it unticked it which was causing me to have speeds around the same as you had originally posted. This seemed to help me, albeit not very much. It is more of a band-aid fix then anything else.

I remember reading about that so I switched it to LTE after installing the update. It's been set to LTE and Verizon since the install so I'm thinking where I live is just a dead spot

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading about that so I switched it to LTE after installing the update. It's been set to LTE and Verizon since the install so I'm thinking where I live is just a dead spot

If it was a dead spot it would have been a dead spot before the update as well wouldn't it? I have noticed that 4g definitely does not penetrate as much as 3g did in my area.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If it was a dead spot it would have been a dead spot before the update as well wouldn't it? I have noticed that 4g definitely does not penetrate as much as 3g did in my area.

Higher the bandwidth the lower the fault tolerance. Also shorter range. That's probably why verizon still uses cdma for the calls.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Higher the bandwidth the lower the fault tolerance. Also shorter range. That's probably why verizon still uses cdma for the calls.

Makes sense but hopefully technology will get better and 4g coverage improves. I'm fine with CDMA if that is the reason my calls are clear and haven't dropped.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Good point...maybe Verizon just sucks where I live lol, too bad the other carriers are even worse :confused:

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-06-21-17-36-49[1].pngYes, the update yesterday helped my data speed tremendously. This was taken in a strong area, but I'm getting much better performance in areas with only 2 bars also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power