WI-FI help: unable to get WPA/WPA2 PSK connection - WPS Push/PIN Entry

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I cannot get the replacement S3 to connect using the WPA/WPA2 PSK connection. Just spent the last hour over and over again following all the steps per this video:

Android Simplified Episode 4 Edit Wi-Fi Settings and WPS - YouTube

I know my password etc are correct, this all works beautifully on my original S3 (its got other issues which are the reason for the replacement I have now) and I'm able to log into my router settings on my PC with the password I'm using on the phone. The passphrase in the router settings is also correct. I've spent approx 5 hours on the phone with VZW tech support this past week, first and second level techs.

I disabled my firewall and Kaspersky protection thinking they may be interfering. I have not installed any apps yet so my attempts to make this work are on a "clean" phone that I swapped the SIM card from my original S3 to this one and activated the phone. There should be nothing I've added that would be interfering other than the updates the phone when through in the activation process.

As I understand it, the problems connecting WI-FI for this secure connection level comes from the last or just previous to last OTA update. If I were to do a factory reset on this phone is there a way to avoid the OTA at least until I can see if it works pre-OTA? and/or does anyone have any other suggestions for making this work?

Since this is the second replacement phone this week they are sending me a different (3rd) phone altogether - a Droid Razr which I don't think I'm going to be too thrilled with although willing to give it a chance. From what I can tell, I'm getting a lesser phone with the Razr which doesn't make me happy since I paid full price for my S3. I would prefer to get my S3 WI-FI working.

Thanks,
Deb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech