So, my S3 rebooted on its own, now its stuck in a boot loop...

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So I was sitting down watching a little tv before the fireworks started and looked to see my phone rebooting on it's own, but about 5 minutes later it was still on the 4G LTE splash screen, shooting the rainbow out from the symbol over and over. I had just put it on its charger about 10 minutes before it happened, and I've tried reboot, sim pull, cache clear, all having to do a battery pull for each attempt. The only thing I haven't done is factory reset, and I don't want to, I have lots of things on there that I'm not sure I can get back. It's stock with the newest update from a week or so ago. WTF?? Any advice? :mad:

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So I was sitting down watching a little tv before the fireworks started and looked to see my phone rebooting on it's own, but about 5 minutes later it was still on the 4G LTE splash screen, shooting the rainbow out from the symbol over and over. I had just put it on its charger about 10 minutes before it happened, and I've tried reboot, sim pull, cache clear, all having to do a battery pull for each attempt. The only thing I haven't done is factory reset, and I don't want to, I have lots of things on there that I'm not sure I can get back. It's stock with the newest update from a week or so ago. WTF?? Any advice? :mad:

Are you rooted with a custom recovery? If yes, have you tried fixing permissions? That should help with bootloops.

If you're not rooted, I'm afraid you might have to do a factory reset. (Unless you've created a backup via Kies if you've updated through Samsung's proprietary iTunes-esque software. If you did an update via OTA, you probably have no other choice.)

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It's stock with the newest update from a week or so ago.

100% stock, first phone I've had that didn't need to be rooted since I first got my OGDroid. Did the factory reset unfortunately, starting over is already sucking... Decided might as well after looking online at some of the other people having the same problem and it was the only end result. Boo.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, if the phone was stuck in a boot loop that was pretty much your only alternative.
For future reference you could take a look at:
Cloud Drive: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.amazon.clouddrive.photos (one solution to keep your pictures/videos safe)
Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup (works without being rooted)
MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro (there's a trial version)
Along with tons of other options if you just want to backup Call Logs, or SMS, etc. Just keep syncing turned on so you never have to worry about losing your contacts or calendar.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz