WiFi during sleep setting keeps changing

CreativTech

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
My apologies if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find an answer that matches my issue exactly. Under the advanced WiFi settings, there's a toggle for "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep". I have mine set to "Always", but something keeps changing my phone to "Never". I can't figure out what it is. It doesn't seem to be an immediate thing, or like it's happening on some sort of schedule, it's just periodically that I notice it.

It's driving me mad because I have my phone set to do all sorts of data-hungry things in the middle of the night when I'm not using it, like backups, podcast updates, etc. Anyone got an idea of what's causing this, or at least how I can track it down?

Thanks!
-Chris

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you have Power Saving enabled? Or any apps whose purpose is power saving (Juice Defender, etc.)?
When did the problem start?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

CreativTech

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I've got power saver turned off, and no apps that do power saving. It might be coincidence, but it seems like it started after the last OTA update.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah, well if you haven't done a Factory Reset since receiving the last OTA, you should.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4