Device Options Keeps Popping Up and Screen Keeps Coming Out of Idle Mode w/o Touching Any Buttons

KWSamsungS3

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for about a year now and for some reason the "Device Options" menu keeps popping up on its own, and the phone screen keeps coming out of idle mode on its own. I have the latest Galaxy S3 OS and firmware, I've taken the battery out, done a full phone restore, cleared the memory, uninstalled unnecessary apps, removed the SD card and the SIM card, and I've let the phone die out on its own to see if that would help. The problem's still keep happening.

I'm hoping for a software update to hopefully fix the issues but if not I have no idea what else to do other than buy a new phone. Does anyone know what I can do to fix the issue?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
done a full phone restore
By this do you mean that you did a Factory Reset?
Is your phone running the MF1 firmware?
I'm not sure what you mean by the "Device Options" menu - are you referring to the Developer options screen?
6eryseru.jpg
If not, please include a screenshot.
If the menu that you're getting to is normally accessed by a single button or screen press, then it's possible that one of your controls is acting up.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

joshdavy

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. ...it the "device menu" that comes up when you hold down the power button. Yes my phone is up to date. It just started doing this. Had it About a year.. only started doing this after the update

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Josh,
So you're seeing this
6ahu4evy.jpg
at random times when your phone is just sitting there? Have you done a Factory Reset since the update? If not, you may want to consider doing one.
I'm assuming that nothing else has changed (you didn't add a case; the phone wasn't dropped; etc.)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

ripp3y

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
i had my s3 for about 14 months. I did a master reset and used airpush detector with no luck. this is what finally fixed it. I had to take it apart enough to raise the motherboard up so I could pop out the power button, shaved a tiny amount off the center of the button, and then popped it back it.
The power switch is constantly pushing on the power button to push it out plus if you have a case on it there's even more pressure on the spring inside the switch. I guess after about a year or so the spring gets weak.

whatsalolo

May 16, 2014
Visit site
ok i am in the middle of resetting my phone and the stupid power option keeps popping up while its restarting and asking me to add all my info:mad:

GBPL

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that this thread was posted awhile ago, but I swear this happens to me whenever I'm out of town....soo maddening! its doing it now, and stopped for a minute...now its doing it again. Go to push the sleep button and it won't without the power options coming up. (I'm not pushing it too hard) It happens when swiping between pages, or texts too! How did you guys get it to stop?
Oh the first time this happened to me a month or so ago, I was looking at my settings and turned off "Power saving" mode and it seemed to fix it until now. I haven't changed that setting , and its not on..so if anyone has any idea..let me know!!

Mike Russo1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. ...it the "device menu" that comes up when you hold down the power button. Yes my phone is up to date. It just started doing this. Had it About a year.. only started doing this after the update

I've been having same problem with 3 diff s2 phones even my latest which is less then 2 weeks old. It does it more when the screen gets hot

Last edited by a moderator:

Casey Jones6

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Device Options Keeps Popping up and Screen Keeps Coming Out of Idle Mode w/o Touching Any Button

I'm seeing that but I don't know what to do

Vista RE

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
im have the same problem after the new 5.0.1 update, very frustrating

were you able to resolve the problem or is restore factory default the only options which is my very last resort :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12