long term battery life?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Just wondering how long one should expect the GS3's battery to last on average before you have to replace it? I will have had my S3 a year in August and I remember long ago on another phone one day the battery just died after about a year and so I was without my phone for about 8 hours until I could replace it late in the day. I don't normally let it drain completely. I just automatically put it on the charger every day when I go to bed. Lately it's been draining a little bit more quickly but I'm contributing that to this being a replacement S3 and me not having remembered to utilize the power saving stuff. I've now just done that so will see how it goes.

Do you recommend buying a battery now and just having it on hand (I could save about $20 w/the sale here) but I still am so cheap I don't want to buy one if the expected battery life is considerably longer than a year. I plan to keep the phone at least until January when my plan is up and maybe longer. I'm betting the only place I *might* find a spur of the moment replacement battery around here w/o traveling 50 or so miles round trip to the VZW store would be Radio Shack and don't know if they even carry them. If they do, I would expect the price would be rather high and so would VZW.

Thanks,
Deb

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm expecting to get two full years out of the battery. Perhaps I'll be sadly disappointed some day. :(

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay