Hi there,

Just wondering how long one should expect the GS3's battery to last on average before you have to replace it? I will have had my S3 a year in August and I remember long ago on another phone one day the battery just died after about a year and so I was without my phone for about 8 hours until I could replace it late in the day. I don't normally let it drain completely. I just automatically put it on the charger every day when I go to bed. Lately it's been draining a little bit more quickly but I'm contributing that to this being a replacement S3 and me not having remembered to utilize the power saving stuff. I've now just done that so will see how it goes.

Do you recommend buying a battery now and just having it on hand (I could save about $20 w/the sale here) but I still am so cheap I don't want to buy one if the expected battery life is considerably longer than a year. I plan to keep the phone at least until January when my plan is up and maybe longer. I'm betting the only place I *might* find a spur of the moment replacement battery around here w/o traveling 50 or so miles round trip to the VZW store would be Radio Shack and don't know if they even carry them. If they do, I would expect the price would be rather high and so would VZW.

Thanks,
    Deb
    07-12-2013 12:24 PM
    I'm expecting to get two full years out of the battery. Perhaps I'll be sadly disappointed some day.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    07-12-2013 02:11 PM