s3 powered off after sucessfully flashing rom, cannot boot recovery

ponchohiggins

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
hey all just flashed a new ROM onto my girlfriends Verizon S3 it successfully installed everything seemed normal. But when I rebooted the system the phone just shut off and now I can't get the phone to turn on or even go into recovery. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
hey all just flashed a new ROM onto my girlfriends Verizon S3 it successfully installed everything seemed normal. But when I rebooted the system the phone just shut off and now I can't get the phone to turn on or even go into recovery. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

By new Rom, I'm assuming there was a Rom on it prior? Was it a touchwiz based Rom, or a "vanilla android" Rom? Switching between the two can be problematic if you don't flash a kernel along with the Rom. Trying to find out a reason for why this would have happened.

Does a computer recognize the device?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

ponchohiggins

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes it has been rooted for a few no the now and I have flashed different ROMs with no problem. I just flashed slimbean on the other night with no issues just tried flashing android revolution. Not sure if they are touchwiz or vanilla and I did not flash a kernel. I'm actually at work right now and don't have a computer at hand to try

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes it has been rooted for a few no the now and I have flashed different ROMs with no problem. I just flashed slimbean on the other night with no issues just tried flashing android revolution. Not sure if they are touchwiz or vanilla and I did not flash a kernel. I'm actually at work right now and don't have a computer at hand to try

Many times the boot.img is included in the zip file for the Rom. But sometimes it needs to be flashed separately, most noticeably when switching between two different types of Roms.

When you get home, I suggest seeing if a computer can recognize the device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Will do thanks. If by chance the computer doesn't recognize the phone does that mean I screwed the phone?

For a couple of bucks, you should buy a USB JIG. You plug it into the phone, and it automatically puts the phone into "recovery mode". From there, you can do anything to fix the phone. Good luck.:p

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

What ROM did you flash? (Post a link.) Not all S3 ROMs will work on all S3s. If you have a Verizon phone, you can only safely flash a ROM built specifically for the Verizon version of the S3. If you flashed a ROM meant for the international version of the phone you have hard bricked your phone. Not even Odin or a "Jig" will recover it for you. If you flashed a version meant for a different US carrier version, you might be able to recover by loading the stock ROM through Odin or with a USB jig.

If you can't boot into recovery or download mode, you're pretty much hosed. This person can probably fix it for you, for a fee: JTAG Unbrick Service ? Bricked my Phone

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

ponchohiggins

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep sure did hard brick....damn live and learn right? Already have a guy willing to attempt JTAG. Thanks all for the advice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jaseem Hashmii

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG Prada powered off after install rom, cannot ON

Hi
I cant turn my LG Prada ku5400 on I tried to fix it with install new Rom and then it stuck on 1 file and then it turned off and now i cant turn on! can someone help!!!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: LG Prada powered off after install rom, cannot ON

Jaseem, this is a forum for the Samsung Galaxy S3. I doubt you'll find much expertise on an LG phone here. Try asking again in an LG forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995