Samnsung Headphone Controls

tortor0913

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought my GS3 around November of 2012. I use the headphones everyday and loveeeedd the fact that I can change the song with control or use the volume...and use the mic during phone calls. Recently, all of that stopped working. I can listen to music still, but the mic doesn't work, i can't change the volume, i can't skip songs. i have no idea what happpend. I know Verizon just installed a new update...so i'm wondering if that screwed it up... I thought maybe the headphones were bad, but tried my fiance's brand new samsung headphones (he just got hte gs4) and the controls didn't work on his either on my phone....so now i know its' the phone that is not working right..... any suggestions? i'm so annoyed.:confused:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You've tried your headphones on your SOs phone and it works normally? You could try the obvious - check the audio connector for lint/anything else, and use some compressed air (not the cold air) to blow out the connector.
If the problem started around the time of the last OTA, you may want to consider doing a Factory Reset - it's possible that something coincidentally happened to the audio connector, but more likely that the update left something in a bad state.
You could try wiping the cache before making that leap, but that's about the only other thing to try - there aren't really any system settings that affect this feature.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

ThinkDinc

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Check if your headphones are plugged in all the way. If you have a case it may be blocking the headphone jack from making full contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool