Calendar Event - how to add bridge numbers for easy dial-in

thoserickson

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a verizon Galaxy S3. I frequently have to take teleconferences while driving in my car (bluetooth of course). When I bring up the calendar app and add an event, I don't see anyplace to enter the conference number and access code. I want to be able to join a bridge with as few screen taps as possible. I can't go lookup bridge information without crashing my car and hurting people and things! :-\

My Blackberry was GR8 for this sort of thing - can't figure it out on the Galaxy. Ideas?

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
There's a way to do this but it requires a little preparation on your contact list. If you update a contact with a bridge number and access code, you can add the access code to the "Description" field of the calendar event. The calendar app hyperlinks the access code to the phone dialer. At least it does on my VZW S3. Another option would be to create contacts for each bridge/code combination you use frequently. Yet another option would be to include just the bridge number in the description. Tapping the bridge number will bring up the dialer which then presents an option to choose from your contact list any contact that has that number associated with it - just select the contact with the access code you want to use.

These approaches work well with static bridge codes.

For example, I have several conf bridges defined in my contacts list with their numbers defined as: "(800) XXX-XXXX,,12345678#" where "12345678" is the access code. The ',' indicates a soft pause and the access code is sent automatically after a brief pause. You can adjust the length of the pause by adding/removing ',' characters. If you need a hard pause (you'll be prompted to send the subsequent tones), use a ';'.

smike277

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Did you have any resolution to this? Other phones (BB, iPhone, ...) have been doing this for years, and creating contacts/calling cards/etc. every time someone sends a meeting invitation with a conference code is not a real world solution. I also have a Galaxy S3, but is this is a google calendar app issue?

jnmn98

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a Plantronics M155 and it included the Plantronics Instameeting android app. It syncs with your calendar and prompts you 2 minutes before the meeting to dial in. It dials the conference bridge and access code after a brief pause when you hit CALL from the prompt. You can edit the meeting call in and code if the meeting organizer did not include the access code in the location field. I don't think you have to purchase a Plantronics headset, since I know there are other people that hit installed without owning a headset. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...antronics.instantmeeting.trial&token=Dm-AtzjO

Scot McCullough

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Plantronics Instameeting needed a little help setting up each number from my calendar, but since most of my meetings are recurring - it looks like it will work great.:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke