Here recently I have been experiencing a strange issue. I will be using my phone and when I lock it and sit it down the screen will come back on. At first I thought I was hitting the button again by mistake but then I sat my phone down and it locked it's self. It has even gotten to the point where I will be using it and if I shake a wrong way to hard it will get stuck unlocking and re-locking. Has anyone else had this issue? I am afraid that it might be a button short and i am only a year into contract. Did any one else experience this and find a fix?
    07-19-2013 01:37 PM
    Do you have carrier/store insurance or warranty?

If not, the button may not be a huge deal to replace. I know on some devices is easy and others its not.. I have not looked inside an SIII myself to be able to answer.

I would recommend looking to see what is available on YouTube videos for SIII power button replacement. Might be easier than you think
    07-19-2013 05:01 PM
    try pushing lightly on the power button, will it turn on? Dont push it in, just tap it. My phone is doing the exact same thing
    07-20-2013 12:05 PM
    I tap it and it does stay off, maybe I have a app that turns it back on for some reason? No warranty unfortunately

Posted via Android Central App
    07-20-2013 01:27 PM
    I tap it and it does stay off, maybe I have a app that turns it back on for some reason? No warranty unfortunately

Posted via Android Central App
    If you think that you might have an app that's turning your phone back on, here's a a simple suggestion. Just make sure that you're completely backed up, and do a factory reset of your phone. If the problem doesn't happen with no added apps (wait long enough to find out *smile*), then start adding apps and see when the problem recurs. It may not, the reset itself might fix it, but if it does recur, then you know which app(s) are causing this problem, or if the problem is unrelated to apps.

Simple method, but it should work. Takes some time, though, but if this is bugging you enough maybe you can find the time *smile*?
    07-21-2013 06:51 PM