Problem with capacitive buttons on S3

Steviewy

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So I've been a proud owner of my Galaxy S3 since the preorders and recently I've noticed my capacitive buttons randomly stop working. This is very annoying when I am trying to use the back button and nothing happens. Usually to fix it, I have to spam the button pretty hard or repeatedly shut off/turn on my screen. Anyone else have this issue? My phone is over 1 year old now so I doubt Verizon will replace it. I also don't pay for their ripoff insurance since it's robbery on top of the deductible you have to pay.

Note: I haven't tried a factory reset yet. Doing this as a last resort before going to a Verizon store and complaining like crazy like I've done in the past.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You could try contacting Samsung to find out what their warranty policy is; at worst, you could at least find out what their repair cost/turnaround will be.
I doubt that a Factory Reset will change this behavior.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Steviewy

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure their repair service is a huge ripoff and takes forever. Ugh. What's funny is my phone still looks brand new. I don't have a single scratch on it. I could literally pass it off as a brand new S3.

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure their repair service is a huge ripoff and takes forever. Ugh. What's funny is my phone still looks brand new. I don't have a single scratch on it. I could literally pass it off as a brand new S3.

theres something up. I have had my phone in a case since i bought it. an otterbox, all of a sudden my power button isn't working, the lightest touch will turn on the screen and if it's on its side it'll turn the screen on by itself. Im starting to get nervous

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey