Samsung Link - Package File is invalid.

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This morning I boot up my phone and I see a msg. error. I open it and it says Samsung Link - Package file is invalid. I go into the play store and try the update again and get the same error. I reboot the phone and still get this error.

Any idea on what is going on?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got an update also on my S4. It went fine for me. Are you on any alternate ROMs or anything like that?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
They've posted another update in the Google Play Store that fixes that problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anderd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This and other apps like Google+ and a few others are doing the same thing on my S3, i've reinstalled, cleared all caches even odin'd in a fresh stock rom, same results and nothing has fixed it yet.

Annoying as all hell to say the least when you have 5 apps that dont want to install/update.

Philippe Lacoude

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. New today. I have four apps that give me the error over 4G on a S4:
1. AT&T Messages
2. Facebook
3. Netflix
4. SoundHound

Eleven other apps updated just fine, some after a few tries, earlier today. I rebooted, I cleared the cache, etc... I am not rooted.

resturg

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am also getting package file is invalid when updating Samsung Link (AllShare Play). I have gone into setting and have cleared data and cache for Google Play application, but again I just got the same error message on attempt to update. I have got AT&T Galaxy S3 with latest OS 4.1.2 phone.

qualityresults

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I found the solution on the phone go to samsung hub select apps click on the download arrow (installed apps) at the top and update manually from here it will work you may have to update your samsung hub.

Hope this helps

bmoremu

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried a number of things including those listed above but the only way I finally got it to work was by updating via 4G and not wifi.

missmia87

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried a number of things including those listed above but the only way I finally got it to work was by updating via 4G and not wifi.

I had the same problem, none of the fixes above worked for me - so tried this. Turn wi-fi off, connect via mobile network (4G) and BOOM the update went through without a hitch. Thanks for posting! :)

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem and I did this: went into settings, apps, selected Google play and cleared out the data. I was able to install the app I wanted.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Getting package file error on my updates the past week or so on wifi or 4G. Tried several of the suggestions listed here and on other sites with no real solid solution. The app eventually updates after several failed attempts. I'm thinking it's a bug that Google needs to get worked out on their end of things.

Edited to add....

On 4G while at work and Twitter and Drippler continue to give package error, however, Samsung Push Service updated on the first attempt with no problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if Google took care of something on the back end of things but for the last 10-12 hours or so, all updates are going without a hitch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01