I'm an intermediate rom flasher and I was downloading a new rom and flashing it. The event came where I had to take off the back casing of the phone and pull the battery out. Along the process of doing so, somehow one the two antenna prongs was damaged. It is pretty small so I tried just pushing it back to its original placement, then it completely came off. I barely applied the smallest bit of pressure too x.x I continued as usual and I noticed that I was constantly on roaming mode. No calls or messages or data. I rebooted, thought it was the rom so I flashed a whole new Rom. Even went back to my back up nandroid that I knew worked for sure. Still roaming. I put my sim card in my sisters s3 and it worked just fine, I out hers into mine, and roaming. What should I do? Help anyone? x.x I need a fix on this, or a part replacement link (below 20 $ please) I tried finding myself one but no luck. It's the right gold prong antenna thing of the two. Located below the battery on the bottom right of the phone. Please help :/
    09-02-2013 11:35 PM
    I'd suggest sending the device in for repair since the antenna is probably connected to hardware that can't be easily removed or repaired. It will likely cost more than $20 to fix/replace, but is worth it if you don't want to cause further damage while repairing the problem.
    09-03-2013 02:39 PM
    Where would I send it in? Should I go to the Verizon store and see what they can do? I know I will have to revert to stock software and try to reset my flash counter. I don't have any warranty on my phone though ( I don't think I do at least) I've only had my phone for 4 months too. If this can't be fixed.... it's gonna be a longggggggg other year and a half till my next upgrade :/
    09-03-2013 03:26 PM
    If you bought the phone new from Verizon it should still be within the one year warranty. Take it to the local Verizon store and just tell them about the problem.

If for whatever reason they won't replace/repair it, you can contact Samsung directly for repair. Depending on whether they think it's still within the one year manufacturer warranty they'll fix it for free or they'll charge you - no way to know until you contact them.

I haven't looked at the teardown videos myself, but I thought the prongs you are referring to are for a wireless charging solution - I thought the antenna leads were buried under the back (i.e. you had to take the 10 screws out and the back off to get at them). I'm no expert though.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2
    09-04-2013 01:49 PM