Google Play Store keeps crashing in background?

Ty Branski

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Alright,

Galaxy S3, Verizon, SCH-I535 (but you knew that already), running stock rom BUT rooted!

I get a message every now and then saying:

Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.

I have an older version of the play store because the new one just started giving me this problem. I have cleared all data from it, cleared the cache, installed a different version from a different source. I'm just ready to give up. The Play Store isn't even running in the foreground processes. It hasn't been opened in hours and I clear all processes all the dang time.

I don't even want this phone anymore, all i'm interested in is that 3 sexy gigs of ram that new Note has. (;

If anyone has any fixes or knows this issue, please let me know. I'd rather uninstall the play store before I do a factory reset ANY DAY. I'm DONE with resets.

ALSO, if anyone knows how to flash roms on my GS3 using a Mac, let me know. I'm trying to go back to full stock, completely unrooted. I've had nothing but problems while rooted. I'm completely content with TouchWiz and honestly, I really can't complain with it. But to each his own, right?

Thanks for reading, and happy rooting everyone!

Attachments

• NEW.png
    NEW.png
    476.6 KB · Views: 8

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Alright,

Galaxy S3, Verizon, SCH-I535 (but you knew that already), running stock rom BUT rooted!

I get a message every now and then saying:

Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.

I have an older version of the play store because the new one just started giving me this problem. I have cleared all data from it, cleared the cache, installed a different version from a different source. I'm just ready to give up. The Play Store isn't even running in the foreground processes. It hasn't been opened in hours and I clear all processes all the dang time.

I don't even want this phone anymore, all i'm interested in is that 3 sexy gigs of ram that new Note has. (;

If anyone has any fixes or knows this issue, please let me know. I'd rather uninstall the play store before I do a factory reset ANY DAY. I'm DONE with resets.

ALSO, if anyone knows how to flash roms on my GS3 using a Mac, let me know. I'm trying to go back to full stock, completely unrooted. I've had nothing but problems while rooted. I'm completely content with TouchWiz and honestly, I really can't complain with it. But to each his own, right?

Thanks for reading, and happy rooting everyone!

Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?
Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
and I clear all processes all the dang time
You can start by not doing this anymore - the OS is perfectly capable of managing memory.

I don't know if Samsung has a version of the Kies software for Mac, but if it does that would allow you to reload the stock firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Ty Branski

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
After having the Droid X2, I got so used to using Advanced Task Killer. Very aware that it is capable, and just a personal preference! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae