Long story short - I'm looking for the latest S3 s-voice apk. I want to install it on my S4 - the s-voice on it sucks compared to my prior S3. I don't have the old S3 so I can't get it off that. I returned trying the S4 apk on the S3 and reverting back because the S3 version worked better for me. Anyone have the S3 s-voice apk?
    Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    09-05-2013 11:26 PM
    Long story short - I'm looking for the latest S3 s-voice apk. I want to install it on my S4 - the s-voice on it sucks compared to my prior S3. I don't have the old S3 so I can't get it off that. I returned trying the S4 apk on the S3 and reverting back because the S3 version worked better for me. Anyone have the S3 s-voice apk?
    Thanks

It most likely won't work. I tried pulling the calendar .apk file from my Galaxy Tab 2 to put on my S3 and it didn't install. I think because the apps are signed to certain devices.
    09-06-2013 09:18 AM
    I got it to work! Thanks very much to help from the xda developers forums.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2434226
    Can we put S3 S-voice on S4?

I downloaded the latest S3 software to my computer and unzipped it. Looked in the system folder - apps folder - voicetalk.apk. That is the S3 S-voice apk.
    Copied that to my SD card.
    Using Root Explorer, I renamed the native S-voice app (it's under Root - System - App) to .bak instead of .apk.
    I then copied the file from the SD card to the App folder. Changed the permissions to match everything else (rw-r-r).
    Rebooted - and voila! S3 version of S-voice installed.
    S voice now recognizes all my contacts again.

I made some mistakes getting to the above. At some point, I also actually ran the installer for the S voice apk through root explorer...I'm not sure whether that is needed or not. So if the above doesn't work, then actually run the installer and reboot.

09-07-2013 10:18 PM