Blue Box around app icon

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-09-13-06-57-29.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

There was supposed to be text with this screenshot. It went like this...

Has anybody else ever seen this? And figured out what causes it?

Occasionally, I get a blue box around the top left app icon on whatever screen I?m on. See screenshot.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

There was supposed to be text with this screenshot. It went like this...

Has anybody else ever seen this? And figured out what causes it?

Occasionally, I get a blue box around the top left app icon on whatever screen I?m on. See screenshot.

Has anything changed recently? Updates to the system/ROM?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It looks very much like the normal selection icon for when you're navigating around the screen using alternate controls.

You can look in Settings -> Developer options, particularly in the Input and Drawing sections, to see if you have any of that stuff enabled.

I've seen that highlight before when I was using my Dual-shock controller to navigate through the UI.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

TheOriginalWolfman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
hello, I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem on my non-rooted note 3. the same blue box on the top left app icon, and it goes away if I touch the screen.
It just started today after a factory reset...can you please tell me how you fixed it?

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Can you still use your home button mine is not working if you press it the blue box will pop out but its working if my device is shutdown while charging. Did you fix it already? If yes plss tell me how!

Posted via the Android Central App

Philkinson

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello. New here, but this happened to me today and I fixed it without doing a reset.

Tap what icon you need to select. When the box appears around it- tap it with two fingers. If you need to scroll, use two fingers for thay as well.
You need to go into Settings- accessibility - vision . Make sure voice assistant is OFF!
Took me a few tries to turn it off... what a pain it was.

Sorry if this is a repost but I couldn't find any information on this myself. Hope it helps someone.

Phil

Miyoko Yamakawa

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Phil Thank You!
I had exactly same problem. I took your advice and went to Accessibility - Vision, and it was on! I turned it off, blue box disappeared. Thank you!

VickeyJ

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello. New here, but this happened to me today and I fixed it without doing a reset.

Tap what icon you need to select. When the box appears around it- tap it with two fingers. If you need to scroll, use two fingers for thay as well.
You need to go into Settings- accessibility - vision . Make sure voice assistant is OFF!
Took me a few tries to turn it off... what a pain it was.

Sorry if this is a repost but I couldn't find any information on this myself. Hope it helps someone.

Phil

Thanks so much for your instructions. Worked like a charm!