Help AOSP Roms Roaming on Home Network Extender

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon's Network .I"m on a Verizon network extender at home and everytime I've installed any AOSP ROMs (Cyonogen Mod,Paranoid Android,Carbon ,Pacman etc,) my phone goes into roaming ,so I don't have a data connection or a phone connection, in my home with any of these ROMs. Outside of the network extender, the ROMs work. Currently I"m running Touchwiz Rom Jellybeans version 19. Stock or any Touchwiz ROMs work when I"m on the network extender. I've searched for a solution and have found none. I have owned my Galaxy S3 for over a year and haven't been able to run any of these ROMs because of the network extender issues. It's been very frustrating ,can someone please help with the situation?

In the link below you will see questions I was asked in a thread on xda asking for help. I decided that I would try seeking help in the Android Central community as well --

[Q] Please help AOSP Roms Roaming on Network Extender - xda-developers

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon's Network .I"m on a Verizon network extender at home and everytime I've installed any AOSP ROMs (Cyonogen Mod,Paranoid Android,Carbon ,Pacman etc,) my phone goes into roaming ,so I don't have a data connection or a phone connection, in my home with any of these ROMs. Outside of the network extender, the ROMs work. Currently I"m running Touchwiz Rom Jellybeans version 19. Stock or any Touchwiz ROMs work when I"m on the network extender. I've searched for a solution and have found none. I have owned my Galaxy S3 for over a year and haven't been able to run any of these ROMs because of the network extender issues. It's been very frustrating ,can someone please help with the situation?

In the link below you will see questions I was asked in a thread on xda asking for help. I decided that I would try seeking help in the Android Central community as well --

[Q] Please help AOSP Roms Roaming on Network Extender - xda-developers
Welcome to the forums!
I am going to be honest, I am not sure what to suggest. It may be possible that the phone with the new ROM doesn't recognize the signal from the Network Extender. How to make it work is honestly beyond me.

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I am going to be honest, I am not sure what to suggest. It may be possible that the phone with the new ROM doesn't recognize the signal from the Network Extender. How to make it work is honestly beyond me.

Update: Currently I am running an AOSP Rom (CM 10.2 09-19-2013) and it's working. To get it to work, I installed the last ICS OTA modem (the VRLHE) and I am now getting data at home under the network extender. No more "R" for roaming! The modem is not as strong as the Jelly Bean VRBMF1 modem, but it's working. I still can't get any AOSP roms to work on JB modems and I don't know why. I was thinking of contacting the CM team for a possible solution. I am still glad it's working even though it's on an old radio.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Update: Currently I am running an AOSP Rom (CM 10.2 09-19-2013) and it's working. To get it to work, I installed the last ICS OTA modem (the VRLHE) and I am now getting data at home under the network extender. No more "R" for roaming! The modem is not as strong as the Jelly Bean VRBMF1 modem, but it's working. I still can't get any AOSP roms to work on JB modems and I don't know why. I was thinking of contacting the CM team for a possible solution. I am still glad it's working even though it's on an old radio.

Glad you got it to work, and thanks for posting the solution.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34