Easy Way to Install CM 10.1?

joshwex90

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've tried searching throughout Google, but I cannot seem to find an easy way to install CM 10.1. Every site has me downloading a ton of zip files, moving them, renaming, extracting, rebooting multiple times, etc.

My phone is rooted with (I believe) an unlocked bootloader. I followed the instructions here (CreadevAndroid – SUPER Easy CWM Recovery Install, Verizon Galaxy S3!) to install CWM, booted into recovery mode, but didn't see anything special regarding CWM. There were a bunch of options, one of which was "Backup," so I'm doing that now. Is there a specific way to be backing up the phone in recovery?

Once this is done, is there a simpler way to install CM 10.1?

Now that the backup is finished, I can say that all it says on top is "Team Win Recovery Project v2.5.0.0" with the time and battery level. Icons are Install, Backup, Mount, Advanced, Wipe, Restore, Settings, and Reboot.

Thanks!

I'm running 4.1.2 - everything is stock right now. Thanks so much!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI, you installed TWRP and not CWM, which is why you couldn't find any reference to CWM when booting into Recovery mode.

You could try installing GooManager: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.s0up.goomanager&token=2_GN_32c - it may include support for loading CM 10.1.x (which it would download automatically for you).

You could also try [root] Mobile Odin Pro: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=eu.chainfire.mobileodin.pro&token=uAZFRhmE - this would require you to have the CM files already downloaded to your phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

joshwex90

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I rooted through TWRP - but the link I posted showed CWM. Do I need CWM, or am I good with TWRP for installing a custom ROM, including CM?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
TWRP is fine (in my opinion it's superior to CWM) - it offers essentially the same features, and will allow you to install CM 10.1.x if you decide to do that via Recovery.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

andgle

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey I did did exactly what you looking to do with installing CyanogenMod after I rooted my gs3.

All you have to do is simply download android 4.2.2 gapps zip to a certain folder that you know (or move it to a folder after you download it) also download the CyanogenMod 10.1 version specific to the Verizon gs3 from here
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2vzw&type=stable

Then all you have to do is go into TWRP recovery mode and click install and find the two zip files in the folder you had them and then you have done it!

Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463