app to sd for gsiii

Charles Valenzuela1

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I am currently on 4.1.2. Running stock settings and have not rooted. Prior to the update released this year, I was able to use app2sd to move 3rd party apps onto my external SD. Since the update, it no longer works. I contacted both Verizon and Samsung to find a solution. Both have told me no. Anyone experiencing the same issue? I don't like removing apps that I use a lot to make room for other apps I want. Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I can only assume you were on 4.0.4 (ICS) when that used to work? Google removed support for Apps2SD in Jelly Bean. I've seen an ADB method mentioned that supposedly works, and of course if you go the rooted route there are solutions.

I find it hard to believe that even on a 16GB phone you could be running out of space for apps if you're using your SD card to store your pictures/videos/music.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't recommend rooting as a solution for this problem. I only have 80 or so apps installed at the moment, but I've had as many as 300 before with no issues. You haven't shown what your Settings -> Storage view shows, but that's a start.
amebase8.jpg
(Obviously this is a 32GB phone)

Edit: if you must root this http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=191050
is the place to start.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol